WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

Pan looks bad, Bridge of Spies looks boring as fuck, The Last Witch Hunter and Paranormal 6 look laughable, Goosebumps looks meh...at least the quality films will be able to breathe against this sorry lineup. 

They don't call October a dump month for no reason. :lol:

I want Bayformers 5 to have a runtime over 180 minutes. And I am sad Peter Jackson never had the balls to do it. 

He did with King Kong. Christ that thing was hard to sit through

• Like 1

Sicario was a biiiiiiiig disappointment. I realized maybe 90% of the way through Prisoners that it was probably dumb, but this only took 30%.

The Martian is next!

Edited by Gopher

Sicario was a biiiiiiiig disappointment. I realized maybe 90% of the way through Prisoners that it was probably dumb, but this only took 30%.

The Martian is next!

Hope you enjoy Martian. Also, how are the numbers going for it? I hope it's on par with RTH ($18.5-$19.5M Range)

I want Bayformers 5 to have a runtime over 180 minutes. And I am sad Peter Jackson never had the balls to do it. 

Screw Bay. Transformers 3 did the impossible, it make me hate Transformers. I'm done with the franchise until Bay gets replaced! :angry:

Screw Bay. Transformers 3 did the impossible, it make me hate Transformers. I'm done with the franchise until Bay gets replaced! :angry:

Was the third one somehow worse than the second? Is there some dumb fan backlash against it? I'm curious

I thought Grandma would break out. I guess American audiences have issues with the idea of abortion? When you think about it, very few movie characters have abortions. Like, the promiscuous ho who fucks around w/o protection doesn't even consider having an abortion. 

Benicio Del Toro is a boss.  Emily Blunt was okay, nothing special.

Blunt was fine, but her character was definitely underwritten.

Del Toro brought the Intensity of Doom.

Film felt anticlimatic with a fairly thin ending. Very plot-driven, not much character depth.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

If you still hadn't figured out how box office maths work, take note from this week end, The Martian doing very good was ALWAYS going to give a hard time to Sicario & The Walk, which are targeting the same demo.

He did with King Kong. Christ that thing was hard to sit through

Forgot to mention I was talking about the Hobbit trilogy but I also had forgotten Jackson had made King Kong. He needs to enter into the 200 minutes runtime, then. Edited by CJohn

I thought Grandma would break out. I guess American audiences have issues with the idea of abortion? When you think about it, very few movie characters have abortions. Like, the promiscuous ho who fucks around w/o protection doesn't even consider having an abortion. 

That movie had little to no hype.

Blunt was fine, but her character was definitely underwritten.

Del Toro brought the Intensity of Doom.

Film felt anticlimatic with a fairly thin ending. Very plot-driven, not much character depth.

How many drug-cartel movies Del Toro has made at this point ?

It s like he has his own CU, & Lionsgate wants a Sicario sequel ...

Edited by The Futurist