kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

A Hasbro executive was the keynote speaker at the MIP Junior Conference 2015 (via TFW2005) and during the Q&A session he revealed that the Transformers writers room came up with enough material that he can confidently confirm four more Transformers sequels are on the way.

"You're going to see a new Transformers movie coming from Hasbro and Paramount and Michael Bay and our other partners," Stephen J. Davis, President of Hasbro Studios and Entertainment and Licensing for Hasbro, told the audience at MIPJunior 2015. "In fact, we just finished -- as some of you may have read -- an incredible experience. We decided we wanted to plot out the next 10 years of the Transformers franchise, so we got together in a 3 month period of time ... nine of some of the most creative writers I have ever worked with -- shepherded by Akiva Goldsman, who many of you may know won an Academy Award for A Beautiful Mind, and written a bunch of great movies. And they plotted out the next ten years of Transformers. Similarly we are doing the same in television and digital. So stay tuned Transformers 5 is on its way. ...And 6 and 7 and 8."

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

You can't blame Paramount though. This is their biggest franchise. I really hope the writers bring something new to the table.

I don't disagree, I would do the same thing with my biggest franchise. But the movies themselves are awful.

Get rid of Bay, remove the creepy sexual and racist stuff, and fill it with Chinese actors, and I'll feel like the movies are at least honest about what they are.

• Like 2

I don't disagree, I would do the same thing with my biggest franchise. But the movies themselves are awful.

Get rid of Bay, remove the creepy sexual and racist stuff, and fill it with Chinese actors, and I'll feel like the movies are at least honest about what they are.

Yeah. Bay has already directed 4 and will direct the fifth one. It's time to pass the baton.

Come on, you all knew this was going to happen. Paramount is not going to let its only billion-dollar franchise go.

Though I do wish we'd just get a reboot to get something more like G1, something where they are distinguishable from one another, don't have 50 billion moving parts, etc. This is one series where I would welcome a reboot, because the Bay version NEVER caught my interest. I don't hate it, never saw more than 5 minutes total out of the entire series, but I am colossally indifferent.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

And China will love it. These movies could make zero dollars anywhere else, and China could keep this franchise going with their grosses alone.

Nobody better make fun of Americans' tastes anymore. The TF movies' grosses are consistently dropping here, we're actually starting to catch on...

I know I shouldn't bad mouth China, they put Interstellar into the black, they made How to Train Your Dragon 2 an actual hit, and they ALMOST saved Pacific Rim. But still...unless they change course, China is the only reason this franchise will actually MAKE it to film 8.

Mind you, I don't care enough to even hate these movies. Just stating the facts here.

Edited by TServo2049

Yes, Transformers movies are dropping since episode 2 in Donald Trump's land.

But let s not pretend the movies are ignored by US moviegoers.

TF4 made 245m in 2014, 7th movie of the year & 2nd biggest movie of the summer.

So, the US are still Transformers biggest country & market.

If the TF movies start to do Terminator Genysis numbers domestic, now Paramount & Hasbro will maybe have second thought about the future of the franchise.

As long as it stays in the 200m, even at 150m dom, the franchise could be viable I guess.

The patronizing comments towards China 's audiences need to stop regarding this franchise.

America is probably also the biggest market for Hasbro s toys to.

Edited by The Futurist