kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 6:17 AM, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Bumblebee was fine. Just massively overhyped due to the last few Transformers movies being awful.

Beast Wars sounds cool and could get some nostalgia pull.

Bumblebee was trying for something totally different then the previous Transformer films;problem was they did try to sell it like it was a huge scale film.

But I see we have a split between the BUmblbfee fans and the Bay fans.

Count me in on the Bumblebee side. Never liked Bay as a director, and think the first Trans film was fun largely because Speilberg was heavily involved. The film felt a lot more like a Spielberg film then a Bay film.

Since this is reportedly going to be set in the 90s, I’ll take that as an indication that they really are ignoring the Bay movies.

Also, it’s probably a good idea that they’re finally covering the Beast era. Let’s see if this is the shot in the arm the franchise needs. 

55 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Will be interesting to see if they can generate interest in the franchise again, especially with the franchise being stretched beyond all reason previously.

No big stars or big names involved this time, so the movie will have to sell on actually turning out to be good.

3 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Ehh, Bumblebee was supposed to be the big "shot in the arm" and nobody really cared about it. This is a property that really needed to go away for a few years if they really wanted big bucks. Now it feels like a total waste.

True. They needed a good 5+ years away to regain the nostalgia and fondness. If Paramount is okay with a rebuilding chapter like Fast and Furious before we get Fast Five, then it can work. If not, this will likely be the last one before they decide to crossover with GI Joe or something.

I think it will be difficult creating the spark that made the first movie such a hit. A fresh director is definitely needed but atleast get someone with the talent to turn these into epic blockbusters the way Bay did. 

The kid and his first car setting of the first movie worked so much better with Shia than it did in Bumblebee too. The cast is hugely important for this and it will be hard topping Shia (even if he is unlikable now

On 2/6/2020 at 10:41 PM, dudalb said:

Bumblebee was trying for something totally different then the previous Transformer films;problem was they did try to sell it like it was a huge scale film.

But I see we have a split between the BUmblbfee fans and the Bay fans.

Count me in on the Bumblebee side. Never liked Bay as a director, and think the first Trans film was fun largely because Speilberg was heavily involved. The film felt a lot more like a Spielberg film then a Bay film.

I don't think its fair to give Spielberg the credit over Bay here unless we are willing to give Spielberg the credit for Transformers 2 also?

Bay had proven himself in the industry by making fun crowd loving movies long before Transformers, hence he was picked

The majority of the world probably had no idea about Transformers before 2007, so that and what came after is the reference point for this franchise. 

I never cared about a single Transformer. It was just a fun action blockbuster franchise that became stale. 

So going back to the 90s or whatever, who cares really? It's like why are they making more Transformers movies, or Pirates of the Caribbean movies etc. 

Bombs away. This franchise is driven into the ground like POTC and Terminator and nothing can give them a shot in the arm. They are just wasting money. Some franchises have limited span that's all that is. 

Edited by Valonqar

I wonder if they would ever consider making a live-action transformers tv show, might be too expensive to make though. Seven movies is a lot for any franchise but they do have a different director this time around just like they did with Bumblebee so I am curious how this will turn out. I've watched the first three, didn't see the ones with Mark Wahlburg and might check out Bumblebee eventually.

My thing with any franchise is if you're gonna keep playing around in these various worlds/universes then you better try and do something different. Having the same director for so many movies is rarely a good thing in my opinion so I'm glad they're got somebody new to come in and do their own thing.

Edited by clockwork

21 hours ago, grim22 said:

Will be interesting to see if they can generate interest in the franchise again, especially with the franchise being stretched beyond all reason previously.

No big stars or big names involved this time, so the movie will have to sell on actually turning out to be good.

Bumblebee had no big names but was still a modest success and it showed people there was still life left in this franchise. Giving the franchise a clean slate can be a good thing.

• Like 1