kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

9 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

These designs will not draw in teenagers

the teens from bay trilogy era have grown up now , teens today have weird taste so the thicc af robot at the end and the Harambe bot will fair well with them 😄
(i think these are 2 things this film will be remembered for in the franchise)

Edited by NamakFiskKa

To reinvent itself, this franchise needs to do something bold and different.  A gorilla Transformer and a female-bot aren't going to be enough.  It looks just like all the other Bays.  Boring.  Another BUMBLEBEE or a space adventure was the direction to go.  I saw all the Bays in theaters but I won't be seeing this one in theaters.

• Disbelief 1

This movie didn't need to re-invent itself. Bay was perfect for this franchise, they just need good script writers. They should have also tried getting Shia back, that would push a new movie to 1b, instead we have a bunch of nobodies that don't seem to have an ounce of the charisma Shia had.

Transformers 1 broke out not because people loved the toys and shows as kids but because the film looked a hell of alot better/cooler than those cartoons we had as kids and it was filled with humour and a talented/relatable cast. These non bayhem movies just don't look interesting. Bays style of hunour which people loved even seems to be missing and the action looks so uninspired.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Very bad trailer. No human characters, no story/plot, just Transformers doing transformations but with worse CGI and cinematography than 15 years ago in Bay's film. I don't think it would be better and gross more than Tf5.

• ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

People are acting like everything good about Transformers was from Bay.

Alot of his designs looked like crumpled up trash and audiences got annoyed by Bay eventually.

The Last Knight made only 130m domestic.

T4 and T5 were terrible, but the visuals and spectacle were still several notches above Bumblebee and the trailer of this. 

The scripts became rubbish and characters got boring. A Nostalgia fest with the original cast would have generated more interest than this

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adaros said:

You guys have similar feeling that CGI in Transformers movies only regressed compared to first film from 2007?

I dont think its regressed. The CGI is probably better but the shots aren't as inventive so dont look as eye catching. The budget for this will likely be much smaller too. 

Travis Knight and Steven Caple simply don't have the talent or eye for action that Bay (one of the most successful directors of all time) has so the drop off in quality is impossible to ignore

• Like 3

Bayformers is getting nostalgia goggled hard, huh?

The action in Bumblebee was way better than anything past the first movie.

You can actually tell the robots apart In it!

Trailer views seem to be doing quite well, about on par GOTGv3 and more than double Indiana Jones

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Trailer views seem to be doing quite well, about on par GOTGv3 and more than double Indiana Jones

hysterical-laughter.gif

No action scene in Bumblebee tops the sky dive in 3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8PR3UW-SMxs

• Astonished 1

56 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

People are acting like everything good about Transformers was from Bay.

Alot of his designs looked like crumpled up trash and audiences got annoyed by Bay eventually.

The Last Knight made only 130m domestic.

20 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

I know, right? This trend of shitty movies becoming "le underrated gems" is getting tiring already. By 2025 we'll be seeing people praising Fant4stic as a masterpiece.

• Like 2

honestly maybe i'm dumb but i thought this was gonna be a real beast wars movie not just a regular transformers movie with a couple of the beasts in it. bet they're not even in most of it and show up for the third act like the dinobots in 4. eh.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I know, right? This trend of shitty movies becoming "le underrated gems" is getting tiring already. By 2025 we'll be seeing people praising Fant4stic as a masterpiece.

Yet no-one has called any of the Bayformers movies 'underrated Gems'. 

• Like 1

I do hope they kept the budget in check for this movie. Bumblebee cost about 100 million and made a 468 million worldwide. If they managed to keep this movies budget under 150 million then I can see it turning a decent profit, but I think the days of Transformers movie making a billion dollars are over. 

I do have some faith this will turn out to be a decent film, Stephen Caple Jr seems like a capable director who's actually serious about making a decent movie unlike whatever Michael Bay was doing in the previous ones.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:46 AM, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Dark of the Moon climax > any action scene in Bumblebee.

• Like 3