kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

Based on this teaser trailer...it sure doesn't look like this movie has anything special to compete with, other than "Oh, another Transformers movie."  I'd still put my money on THE FLASH to easily overtake it both domestically and internationally. 

• Like 2

‘Transformers: Rise of the Beasts’ Trailer Sets Viewership Records for Paramount With 494 Million Global Views in the first week and 238 Million on day one (4th best all time)

Of course that doesn't mean it's now a lock for $1B don't even think about the Infinity War's numbers. But perhaps the interest of the general audience is being underestimated. Trailer views don't always translate to box office but at this level it's hard to see it doing the same as Bumblebee tbh. 
Although it will depend on the rest of marketing to keep that interest at high levels. 

• ...wtf 1

On 12/2/2022 at 2:22 AM, John Marston said:

so this is a sequel to Bumblebee? Why not bring back Hailee Steinfeld? Instead you have total no names

also let's be honest. Bay's style of action are why people went to the Transformers movies. . Without that you get something like Battleship or GI Joe type performance

I do not see a problem with having no A-listers here since people actually see these movies for the transformers themselves. Shia and Maegan were also not big stars back in 2007, but look how the first one did.

Also, although people enjoyed Bay's style of action in the first few movies, I think it's also one of the reasons why the North American auds abandoned the last couple of movies. They got tired of his style. Now let's hope this at least do good numbers.

Edited by kayumanggi

On 12/2/2022 at 8:10 PM, grey ghost said:

People are acting like everything good about Transformers was from Bay.

Alot of his designs looked like crumpled up trash and audiences got annoyed by Bay eventually.

The Last Knight made only 130m domestic.

This exactly. Even among overseas auds. THE LAST KNIGHT fell to $475.3M from AGE OF EXTINCTION's $858.6M.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2022 at 8:40 AM, Mickiland16 said:

‘Transformers: Rise of the Beasts’ Trailer Sets Viewership Records for Paramount With 494 Million Global Views in the first week and 238 Million on day one (4th best all time)

Of course that doesn't mean it's now a lock for $1B don't even think about the Infinity War's numbers. But perhaps the interest of the general audience is being underestimated. Trailer views don't always translate to box office but at this level it's hard to see it doing the same as Bumblebee tbh. 
Although it will depend on the rest of marketing to keep that interest at high levels. 

I think we can also attribute the big number to what is also now a bigger global audience. I suspect most of those were from the overseas which is actually good news. In fact, among all June releases, this could be the biggest internationally, not THE FLASH, ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE, or DIAL OF DESTINY.

17 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

There is something incredibly fishy about that view count. It does not have super high views on any platform that I've checked.

If it's just the main channels, this is bigger than GOTG III and DIAL OF DESTINY.

35 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

If it's just the main channels, this is bigger than GOTG III and DIAL OF DESTINY.

Yes, but even adding in the reuploads on YouTube and everything, I'm still not seeing how it gets to 500m views total. Facebook is crazy big with 68m views alone, but even that still comes out to just 150m from YT/Twitter/Insta/FB, would TikTok and others really add another 350m? 

6 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yes, but even adding in the reuploads on YouTube and everything, I'm still not seeing how it gets to 500m views total. Facebook is crazy big with 68m views alone, but even that still comes out to just 150m from YT/Twitter/Insta/FB, would TikTok and others really add another 350m? 

This one I can't answer. I also wonder how studios calculate these view numbers.

I would advise y'all check TikTok. People who grew up on the early Bay films are causing a swell in hype for Rise of the Beasts... I imagine that's where a lot of the trailer views came from? Transformers is pretty hot on there recently. 

And yes, obviously a big chunk of that view count is international.

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Dark of the Moon is currently 4 on Netflix with ROTF at 9

For all its dumb writing and general stupidity, Dark of the Moon has one of the most epic third acts of the 2010s. The battle in Chicago just feels grand and bombastic and the music is amazing. Of course, it would have been great to have characters we actually care about, but in terms of visual spectacle, its great.

• Like 4

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

Paramount, too, has a rich history with the Super Bowl. This year we hear there will be spots for Scream VI (March 10), Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (March 31) and Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (June 9). Not expected: a trailer for Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (July 14). Paramount had one for Mission: Impossible Fallout back during Super Bowl 2018.