kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

they can't bring them back because LaBeouf is a pariah in Hollywood now and Fox destroyed her looks with plastic surgery

Big deal about the pariah thing. There's been tons of guys you were pariahs in Hollywood and they come back to have successful careers. Besides I'm not talking about Shia LaBeouf reigniting his career I'm talking about bringing him back for one more Transformers movie so that it can make piles and piles of money.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, baumer said:

Big deal about the pariah thing. There's been tons of guys you were pariahs in Hollywood and they come back to have successful careers. Besides I'm not talking about Shia LaBeouf reigniting his career I'm talking about bringing him back for one more Transformers movie so that it can make piles and piles of money.

LaBoeuf is so washed up his name might keep customers away.

Just reboot the whole damn thing.

And I strongly disagree about Bumblebee. It has a charm and a warmth about it that Bay never was able to get. But then my opinion about Bay is he blows things up real good but that is the extent of his skills as a director. I was glad they took a different approach with Bumblebee and went for a Transformers movie that was largely character driven.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

LaBoeuf is so washed up his name might keep customers away.

Just reboot the whole damn thing.

And I strongly disagree about Bumblebee. It has a charm and a warmth about it that Bay never was able to get. But then my opinion about Bay is he blows things up real good but that is the extent of his skills as a director. I was glad they took a different approach with Bumblebee and went for a Transformers movie that was largely character driven.

Bumblebee was flat and it soarly missed the expertise that Bay brings to the table.  Get the original cast back and watch the fans return.

• Like 1

I'm torn. 

I would like to find a way to wrap the Unicron teased story up in a concluding TF6.

However, with the "make it up as we go" screenwriting that the Bay-verse writers have given us for 5 films we may be better off without that film. Their TF6 might leave us with just as many unanswered questions as we currently have.

I'm totally fine if Bumblebee is a prequel series. I know they've now said, reboot, but that was after the fact. It is clear they crafted BB to try and have their cake and eat it too type deal by now saying, reboot, while being coy about that before.

Solid writing could align BB prequel series with TF-1.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/transformers-franchise-revamp-bumblebee-james-vanderbilt-joby-harold-1203482496/

The studio still views “Transformers” as a top priority, with hopes to attach directors to each script as soon as possible.

First, it's about darn time that we're finally hearing about the next Transformers movie.  But second, the way that article is written, it almost suggests that they'd consider filming movies separately. Two different TF movies with two different casts and creative teams. Logically, you'd think they'd just pick one and go with it, but it sounds like they might do both, perhaps one big one and one smaller one.

12 hours ago, kitik said:

https://deadline.com/2020/01/transformers-movies-paramount-1202843234/

Deadline says one of them is a Beast Wars movie!!!

Of course they got the shitty writer to write the Beast Wars movie. I really don't give a crap about a Bumblebee sequel but Beast Wars could have been truly awesome if they got decent people behind it.

They should: 

Get off Planet earth

Have 1-2 humans or no humans in it 

Here's an idea: origin story on flapping Cybertron and Stay there for the film. 

Redsign the bots as well. 

Or Keep the current bots and again get off the stupid planet earth with no humans. 

5 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Bumblebee was fine. Just massively overhyped due to the last few Transformers movies being awful.

Beast Wars sounds cool and could get some nostalgia pull.

Question is could Beast Wars have enough Nostalgia pull to justify the large budget it would take to do it right.

I am one of those who thinks there were only two really enjoyable Tranformer movies..the first and "Bumblebee".