kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Everything does less now on HV

They still have investors in it so they still might be taking more than the norm.

We don't know what the final gross is.

700 million is less, no doubt, but it's still enough to make a profit.

It will not leave the theaters with a profit like the last two though.

And the low gross domestically means it's going to sell for less to tv stations and so forth than the last two also. 

Its a a major disappointment for paramount no doubt.

its not about how much you make ethier it's about how much you expect. 

I read McDonalds grew by like 128 locations but the company shares went way down the company was worth a lot less because they didn't hit there projections.  Because the year before they did 140.

if I have a garage sale and I need to make 1,000 bucks to save my house and only make 600 sure it's a profit but I didn't save my house yet. 

Its still a nice gross no doubt. But it's fallen hard, this was the biggest franchise around a few years ago. This won't make the top 15 of the year domestically but to think at one time transformers was coming 2nd. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

700 million is less, no doubt, but it's still enough to make a profit.

If the 217 million net budget rumors is true and do not include rebate from distribution market pre-sales, maybe you are right (specially how fishy it can get once you consider toy sales for a movie like that).

But if it does it's 700m with a 140m dbo, 280m china, 380m intl and get 54% of it's revenue from theatrical, it will do around 550m in total revenue.

Amazing spider man 2 would have lost money with revenues like that, a Transformer 5 with Walbergh, Bonaventura, Spielberg getting points, , Bay getting lot of points, they could be giving as much as 20% of the gross, could loose money.

Depend a lot on how the release end up costing with all those aggressive product placement.

• Like 1

You guys are both talking to me like I'm saying it's doing gang busters.  I'm not saying that.  I'm just saying it's not going to be the financial albatross that a lot of people are saying it is.

And if Paramount didn't know this was going to drop after the horrific wom the last one got then people should be fired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

You guys are both talking to me like I'm saying it's doing gang busters.  I'm not saying that.  I'm just saying it's not going to be the financial albatross that a lot of people are saying it is.

And if Paramount didn't know this was going to drop after the horrific wom the last one got then people should be fired.

The last one did $1.1 BILLION worldwide.  They had no incentive to change.

But sooner or later, people get tired of the same ol' shit. 

On 6/15/2017 at 3:08 AM, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Probably without Bay, they'll probably choose another critically acclaimed director like with the Bumblebee movie. It's good for them to hire those directors for a cinematic universe. 

By the way, I don't think this is the one set in Rome judging by the end credit scene in the 5th movie.

On 26 juni 2017 at 4:28 AM, baumer said:

You don't greenlight a sequel with a higher budget with the expectation to make less. And by the time it became obvious that it was going to make way less the money had already been spent.

The Last Knight ain't doin 700 mil. I have no idea what Baumer was thinking when he said that. Also people have about 0 interest in Roman Transformers and it makes no sense as a concept anyway considering that the WRE floundered for about 150 years before dying and never had anything remotely resembling Cybertronian technology.

2 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

The Last Knight ain't doin 700 mil. I have no idea what Baumer was thinking when he said that. Also people have about 0 interest in Roman Transformers and it makes no sense as a concept anyway considering that the WRE floundered for about 150 years before dying and never had anything remotely resembling Cybertronian technology.

Does anyone care about the Transformers mythos.  Let's be honest

Just now, That One Guy said:

Does anyone care about the Transformers mythos.  Let's be honest

Us people that actually watched it when we grew up care. And that doesn't change the fact that "robots in disguise" is an utterly fucking stupid concept in Ancient Rome. "FEAR ME, I AM PILLARCON, WITH THE POWER TO FALL ON PEOPLE!!!" Other than having Russell Crowe come back to life as Maximus for some reason, there is no conceivable hook for "giant robots in Ancient Rome where they don't belong." 

2 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Us people that actually watched it when we grew up care. And that doesn't change the fact that "robots in disguise" is an utterly fucking stupid concept in Ancient Rome. "FEAR ME, I AM PILLARCON, WITH THE POWER TO FALL ON PEOPLE!!!" Other than having Russell Crowe come back to life as Maximus for some reason, there is no conceivable hook for "giant robots in Ancient Rome where they don't belong." 

relax dude it's a hasbro toy