Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

kayumanggi

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP | 07.06.2018 | Disney

Cochofles    10,924

She pretty much took the Ant-Man IMDB forum hostage since forever. I don't post but lurk sometimes coz I'm masochistic like that. Just checked it right now. She suggested Lilly offered Feige an, um, not very professionally appropriate favor to have this happen. So yeah, she is still doing she. :D

What? I missed that! Is her IMDB screename also fishnets? 

She must be really bummed at how things have worked out for Evangeline. I don't understand her hatred...I mean, I don't like Taylor Swift, and her success deeply confounds me, but I have no time or energy to dutifully troll Swift-related boards trying to convince people of my opinions...

Edited by cochofles

Spidey Freak    11,401

What? I missed that! Is her IMDB screename also fishnets? 

She must be really bummed at how things have worked out for Evangeline. I don't understand her hatred...I mean, I don't like Taylor Swift, and her success deeply confounds me, but I have no time or energy to dutifully troll Swift-related boards trying to convince people of my opinions...

I don't know whether she used fishnets as an account name but earlier this year, she went by "roxelana" and then for some reason (account ban?) switched to "gusninja". She openly confirmed that she is fish through both account names. I lurk once in a couple of months or so but she's hard to miss with her numerous Lilly bashing threads. :P 

As has been clear by now, I absolutely loathe how the MCU has treated the Wasp (who is Janet!) and I hated Kate Austen too, but yeah, can't relate to this level of hate. She actually made me feel sorry for Evangeline which in turn made Ant-Man more bearable for me.  :lol:

• Like 1

ddddeeee    16,615

Lilly's character was awful in Ant-Man though, comfortably the worst part.

It wasn't specifically her fault but she didn't really help at the same time.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1

TalismanRing    23,442
3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Lilly's character was awful in Ant-Man though, comfortably the worst part.

It wasn't specifically her fault but she didn't really help at the same time.

She was fine for what she did but she was playing the "mean lady" so agreed she was not very appealing.  Hopefully her realizations at the end and her chance to be WASP make her a more enjoyable character .  The best performance by far in the film though was Michael Douglas and since he wants to come back he needs to come back.

• Like 2

ddddeeee    16,615

Yeah she's not a bad actress even if she's not an especially good one. But the 'tough woman who needs to loosen up' trope needs to stop.

Edited by ddddeeee

TalismanRing    23,442
2 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Yeah she's not a bad actress even if she's not an especially good one. But the 'tough woman who needs to loosen up' trope needs to stop.

Her being tough and rather aloof is fine. Her being bitter, angry and nasty has to go.  Hopefully it will be via her new found purpose as a SH, a re connection to her father and maybe finding her mother and not via that lame lat minute attempt at romance with Scott.  Just because they're Ant-Man & Wasp doesn't mean they should be a couple like Hank and Janet.

Captain Craig    4,966
On October 8, 2015 at 8:14:04 PM, Blankments said:

Can't believe they're making this. Wonder what Avenger they'll shoehorn in

You say shoehorn, I say organically grow the story but whatever.

Bill Foster as Giant-Man/Goliath makes sense.

• Like 1

TalismanRing    23,442

Michael Douglas:

"I just got a call recently – they want to negotiate for a sequel and I thought “That’s great!” Hopefully, I won’t have to carry quite as much expositional dialogue as the first one but I had a wonderful time doing it. Just a great, great time. The cast was fantastic. Paul, Evangeline, Michael Pena – I’m sure he’ll be back. If they can scrape Corey Stoll off the wall, I’m sure they’ll want him too – he’s such a good villain. And Peyton too. It was a lovely experience, so you know, I welcome it. I chuckle about being involved with a movie that already has a release date in 2018. Ya know, it’s hard to conceive of that, but it’s all good, all the way around, it’s all good."

http://collider.com/ant-man-and-the-wasp-michael-douglas/

• Like 1

TalismanRing    23,442

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/peyton-reeds-ant-man-and-the-wasp-has-an-entirely-different-genre-template

I think there's probably going to be some aspects that maybe call back to the tone of this movie, but for "Ant-Man and the Wasp," we have an entirely different template. We know what that template is, and we have an entirely different genre template for that movie. But it's going to remain a surprise. But yes, that's already been decided.

Cochofles    10,924
2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Interesting. Wasn't Ant-Man's template the heist movie model?  I wonder what narrative structure they'll use now? Rom-com? I would find that hard to believe since fanboys will probably hate it due to, well, you know: "Ugh! Chick flick!". Maybe comedic mystery/adventure starring a romantic couple a  la the Thin Man movies (William Powell and Myrna Loy), but with a touch of superheroics?

shadow-of-the-thin-man-half-sheet-a-smal

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2

Spidey Freak    11,401
13 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Interesting. Wasn't Ant-Man's template the heist movie model?  I wonder what narrative structure they'll use now? Rom-com? I would find that hard to believe since fanboys will probably hate it due to, well, you know: "Ugh! Chick flick!". Maybe comedic mystery/adventure starring a romantic couple a  la the Thin Man movies (William Powell and Myrna Loy), but with a touch of superheroics?

shadow-of-the-thin-man-half-sheet-a-smal

I had been rooting for something along the lines of Roman Holiday since Day 1. Hank and Jan were perfect characters for such a film! Mess at Marvel for not considering the appeal of such a film co-starring two founding members of the Avengers, including the only female founder, before Wright pitched his Scott Lang story.

Anyways, Lilly hinted this movie could possibly follow the search and rescue movie template, and for the second time suggested Michelle Pfeiffer for the role of Janet. Which could be one of the only things that would make me come around to this unusual and unwanted progression of events.

• Like 2

Cochofles    10,924
1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

I had been rooting for something along the lines of Roman Holiday since Day 1. Hank and Jan were perfect characters for such a film! Mess at Marvel for not considering the appeal of such a film co-starring two founding members of the Avengers, including the only female founder, before Wright pitched his Scott Lang story.

Anyways, Lilly hinted this movie could possibly follow the search and rescue movie template, and for the second time suggested Michelle Pfeiffer for the role of Janet. Which could be one of the only things that would make me come around to this unusual and unwanted progression of events.

Michelle Pfeiffer as Wasp??? Hell to the YES. We need more Michelle Pfeiffer in movies. 

• Like 1

Spidey Freak    11,401
15 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Michelle Pfeiffer as Wasp??? Hell to the YES. We need more Michelle Pfeiffer in movies. 

She's especially awesome in genre movies, if Batman Returns and Stardust are anything to go by. This is the second time Lilly has brought up Pfeiffer's name in regards to Janet. She had first mentioned her in July as well. Kind of fun to see these actors stanning for their faves just like us. :P

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

My impact.

9iSnJ07.gif

• Like 2