MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

kayumanggi

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP | 07.06.2018 | Disney

Water Bottle

DO NOT POST THE AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD OR BE BANNED

Message added by Water Bottle

I'm impressed at how accurately they can throw those shrinking/enlarging discs.

Edit

Also, these two ant man movies feel like the disney movies I watched as a kid, Strongest Man in the World, Cat from Outer Space, Freaky Friday, .... A little sci-fi but mostly just fun for kids. 

Edited by MattW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It's a job at the end of the day, Zachary Levi went from a minor role in Thor to the lead in Shazam, JK Simmons in both Spider-Man and JL and Willem Dafoe also in Spider-Man and Aquaman.

Yep. Actors don't really care at all about this stuff like fans do.  It's work and craft and getting to "play," and of course everyone likes to work with good people, but ultimately, if the money's good, they'll even tolerate not-so-great people...and they definitely don't care what "universe" it's in. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Didn't want to read any reactions before watching this trailer and to be honest, I was sorta underwhelmed.

Don't think the action looked all that great, the humor fell flat, and it didn't even have that ''quirky small scale'' the first had, it just felt sorta insignificant. Hope I'm wrong though because the first one is a gem. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I have to say the trailer for this seems so muted and forgettable by MCU marketing standards of the last couple years. Though I also felt the same way about the first film's marketing. This may end up with a similar run to that, maybe something like 65/205. 

This movie looks like tons of fun, will definitely watch it on theaters!! Loved the first one and this one looks even better. Good job Marvel 

• Like 1

The Pez gag doesn't work nearly as well as the train gag.

• Like 2

The Purge trailer has more twitter views than this. 4.5m to 3m on the main posts. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Purge trailer has more twitter views than this. 4.5m to 3m on the main posts. 

AM&W will still have bigger audience. It's likely, as others already pointed out, that BP social media reactions stole the trailer's thunder. They cross over while Purge audience may not be interested in any CBM, hence no split attention.

Edited by Valonqar

14 hours ago, Kalo said:

I feel like there is alot more they could do with the shrinking aspect, I thought they were going to go into the micro verse in the sequel and find Hank Pym's wife, the original wasp. Maybe they still will be this trailer looked nothing like that.

That is probably the bulk of Act 3. Marvel doesn't show much of their Act 3s in trailers, especially the first one.

• Like 1

It's films like this, Doctor Strange and Guardians which make me appreciate the job Marvel/Feige has done acclimating us to weirder and weirder superhero concepts.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Valonqar said:

AM&W will still have bigger audience. It's likely, as others already pointed out, that BP social media reactions stole the trailer's thunder. They cross over while Purge audience may not be interested in any CBM, hence no split attention.

I'm sure  that's true, but even so I think the very low trailer views all but confirm AM movies will remain at the very bottom of the MCU totem pole. 200-220 for this seems pretty likely to me, far less confident now it can push 250. 

Edited by MovieMan89

It's better than the first Ant-Man trailer which was one of the worst MCU trailers.

Then the Thomas the Train trailer was released and restored everyone's faith.

Exactly. First trailers/teasers don't set anything in stone. Ant Man Tomas the Train trailer turned its fortunes around but the movie itself even more so (legs). 

Also, Ant Man was a bigger performer OS and did great in China. 

Edited by Valonqar

55 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Exactly. First trailers/teasers don't set anything in stone. Ant Man Tomas the Train trailer turned its fortunes around but the movie itself even more so (legs). 

Also, Ant Man was a bigger performer OS and did great in China. 

Yeah, I think as long as they get one really great trailer, that should be sufficient. Ideally, it should be the first one, but that isn’t always the case. Avengers had better 2nd and 3rd trailers. Age of Ultron had a strong first trailer. Even Black Panther started off really strong that the subsequent trailers didn’t need to be as good. I think Thor Ragnarok is one of the only recent movies to have two great trailers. 

12 hours ago, lilmac said:

It's films like this, Doctor Strange and Guardians which make me appreciate the job Marvel/Feige has done acclimating us to weirder and weirder superhero concepts.

Then you must be looking forward to Aquaman and Shazam from DCU too right?

6 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Then you must be looking forward to Aquaman and Shazam from DCU too right?

Aquaman and Shazam are weird?

58 minutes ago, RandomYojimbo said:

Aquaman and Shazam are weird?

Are you serious they are comicbook characters we have never seen on the screen before. Shazam is definitely all kinds of new. Aquaman never been explored in an origin or solo movie

13 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Are you serious they are comicbook characters we have never seen on the screen before. Shazam is definitely all kinds of new. Aquaman never been explored in an origin or solo movie

New does not equal weird.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

Yeah, I think as long as they get one really great trailer, that should be sufficient. Ideally, it should be the first one, but that isn’t always the case. Avengers had better 2nd and 3rd trailers. Age of Ultron had a strong first trailer. Even Black Panther started off really strong that the subsequent trailers didn’t need to be as good. I think Thor Ragnarok is one of the only recent movies to have two great trailers. 

Agreed. One great trailer is sufficient. I remember that Avatar had ho-hum teasers and then they released that wowser of a trailer and the rest is history.