MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

kayumanggi

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP | 07.06.2018 | Disney

Water Bottle

DO NOT POST THE AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD OR BE BANNED

Message added by Water Bottle

1 hour ago, RandomYojimbo said:

Aquaman and Shazam are weird?

Are a man who communicates with fish, and a kid yelling "shazam" to turn into a superhero not weird? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Are a man who communicates with fish, and a kid yelling "shazam" to turn into a superhero not weird? 

Not particularly. Certainly not Aquaman. And while the mysticism behind Shazam can lean into the weirder aspects of DC, he is still a Superman clone, so, no I wouldn't call him weird either.

13 minutes ago, RandomYojimbo said:

Not particularly. Certainly not Aquaman. And while the mysticism behind Shazam can lean into the weirder aspects of DC, he is still a Superman clone, so, no I wouldn't call him weird either.

Well then nothing is really original, and you could say the Guardians of the Galaxy are a bunch of Han Solo clones; or that the Doctor Strange movie is just Harry Potter after graduation.

Anyway, there has been "weird" superheroes for a while already.

spawn.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well then nothing is really original, and you could say the Guardians of the Galaxy are a bunch of Han Solo clones; or that the Doctor Strange movie is just Harry Potter after graduation.

spawn.jpg

I wasn't making a case for GotG or DS being weird. Just one that says Aquaman and Shazam aren't.

25 minutes ago, RandomYojimbo said:

I wasn't making a case for GotG or DS being weird. Just one that says Aquaman and Shazam aren't.

Then Why weren’t you saying they are not weird to the guy that made the post they are weird ?

5 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Then Why weren’t you saying they are not weird to the guy that made the post they are weird ?

I would think the answer is obvious.

When the trailer for the first one dropped I was kind of excited despite not being much of a superhero movie fan, but this one has me very underwhelmed and thinking meh looks like I've already seen it. Being released between Jurassic World 2 and Skyscraper wont do it any favors especially in China. Have a feeling it will end up making about the same as the first movie.

This trailer was dope.

I do  hope to see more of the micro-verse though, or whatever it is they are calling the place where her mom got lost in.

8 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

spawn.jpg

Ah, the nineties when I thought Spawn was the coolest looking Mofo in comics history...That preview when he crashes the party with his big dumb CG cape to confront President Bartlett's evil goatee, that made me all giddy to see a superhero not called Batman or Superman (Spider-Man or X-Men weren't even on the radar back then). Then I saw the movie in VHS...

What a missed opportunity. Spawn could have been revolutionary (Al Simmons, a black military Ops suffering damnation coming back as a super antihero from hell to haunt bad guys yearning for his lost family. So many different layers of grey morality and politics to explore using Goethe's Faust as a baseline) or at least an enjoyable romp like Blade 2. Alas we got a dumbed down juvenile buffoonery full of outdated crappy effects wrapped in a crappy Lifetime drama bow. If Hellboy is already getting a reboot, Spawn deserves one as well.

Edited by dashrendar44

On 1/30/2018 at 9:31 PM, MrGlass2 said:

It is a bit off-topic to include all those DC/Marvel actors in this thread.

Well... not entirely.

tumblr_oheaf6NDgH1qfr6udo1_500.gif

Damn, Pfeiffer's Catwoman was epic. One of the greatest castings in superhero movie history. Right up there with Downey and Reeve IMO.

On 1/31/2018 at 4:31 AM, DameronRoc said:

The Pez gag doesn't work nearly as well as the train gag.

Yeah, it was cute but the Thomas the Train gag in the first was awesome.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:33 AM, Kenny said:

Then you must be looking forward to Aquaman and Shazam from DCU too right?

Not at all. I don’t trust the DCEU. Didn’t work with Green Latern, not optimistic it will work here. 

• ...wtf 1

On 2/1/2018 at 3:38 PM, HesAPooka said:

When the trailer for the first one dropped I was kind of excited despite not being much of a superhero movie fan, but this one has me very underwhelmed and thinking meh looks like I've already seen it. Being released between Jurassic World 2 and Skyscraper wont do it any favors especially in China. Have a feeling it will end up making about the same as the first movie.

JW2 won't be as big as JW and Skyscraper is a question mark (except in China since it's made for that market).

Underwhelming trailer. With the extremely rote hero VO about "hurting those closest to you" and a complete lack of pithy one-liners (unless you count the "wings" bit which isn't funny), it's like they didn't even try. 

Somebody tweeted a brilliant idea, but naturally they didn't go with it...a teaser where Michael Pena's character recaps everything for the audience. 

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Somebody tweeted a brilliant idea, but naturally they didn't go with it...a teaser where Michael Pena's character recaps everything for the audience. 

That was some version of something they showed at Comic Con last summer, I think, with Paul Rudd and Pena narrating snarkily. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Underwhelming trailer. With the extremely rote hero VO about "hurting those closest to you" and a complete lack of pithy one-liners (unless you count the "wings" bit which isn't funny), it's like they didn't even try. 

Saving the surprisingly funny stuff for the movie was one of the secrets to Ant-Man's sexy legs and overall success. 

• Like 1

Ant-Man's main theme is the best character's main theme out of the whole MCU (Only rivaled by Silvestri's Avengers but it is an ensemble theme). Bring it on, Christophe Beck!

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Ant-Man's main theme is the best character's main theme out of the whole MCU (Only rivaled by Silvestri's Avengers but it is an ensemble theme). Bring it on, Christopher Beck!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

tumblr_ngebhuAt8d1qjgyvoo1_500.gif

(Star Spangled Man is the shiznit though).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Disbelief 2