kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers: 3.74 M THE MARTIAN

Seeing The Walk today in true IMAX. Shame it's doing so poorly although it's technically not over. When I hear that every studio passed on this I was surprised considering the pedigree involved and the reasonable budget. But so far, they appear to have been right unfortunately. As a lover of films that push visual boundaries, I am going in with high expectations. Hopefully it lives up to them.

• Like 2

Seeing The Walk today in true IMAX. Shame it's doing so poorly although it's technically not over. When I hear that every studio passed on this I was surprised considering the pedigree involved and the reasonable budget. But so far, they appear to have been right unfortunately. As a lover of films that push visual boundaries, I am going in with high expectations. Hopefully it lives up to them.

Well, I went in with relatively low expectations and had them exceeded. Not sure how you'll fare with high expectations though. It's a good film all around, but not particularly memorable besides that scene. 

• Like 1

Well, I went in with relatively low expectations and had them exceeded. Not sure how you'll fare with high expectations though. It's a good film all around, but not particularly memorable besides that scene. 

I will let you know how it turns out for me. 

• Like 1

I thought the movie was excellent and I really appreciated the light-hearted and spirited tone. I thought JGL was truly great and despite it being nothing like what he has done previously, his performance felt completely natural to me. I loved the celebration of artistry and found the movie to be really charming as well. I'm a big fan. I wish it was doing much better financially so it would encourage studios to make more films of this ilk - visually ambitious films outside of the action and fantasy genres. The last thirty minutes or so were breathtaking. Highly recommended.