Fancyarcher

Cruella | Disney | May 28 2021 | Disney+ premiere access hybrid release

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So I'm reading review blurbs and many say it's boring? even the positive ones are, like, too long man. Hey  @Claudio how's the pacing since you loved the movie? 

At the very start or the introduction, the pacing was good. After that, it became a little bit boring (not for long tho). Many scenes that could be removed or accelerated a little bit. But it's still fine with again a great soundtrack and acting. Going to the mid until the end, the pacing was great again. I enjoyed it and didn't feel like a dragged at all. Many of my favorite parts from the movie came from here.

Edited by Claudio

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@ClaudioBig thanks! One more question, any puppy or animal hurt in this? It's a deal breaker for me. 

Don't know if its a spoiler or not. But just in case.

Spoiler

That's a very little part of the story mentioned in the movie 😂. But don't worry, if you're an animal lover, you will love at about how the animals interacted and 'acted' in this. They are probably the most memorable side character. Besides Cruella isn't that cruel to vanish a little cute creature from this earth. :wub:

Edited by Claudio

6 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Don't know if its a spoiler or not. But just in case.

Hide contents

That's a very little part of the story mentioned in the movie 😂. But don't worry, if you're an animal lover, you will love at about how the animals interacted and 'acted' in this. They are probably the most memorable side character. Besides Cruella isn't that cruel to vanish a little cute creature from this earth. :wub:

Thank you for great input! really appreciated! :bravo:

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

For a Disney remake, I'd say getting similar reviews to Mulan and BatB is mediocre.

Aren’t the recent Disney remakes usually rotten? (Aladdin, Lion King, Maleficent 2, Dumbo)

Mulan was the only recent one certified fresh (and it’s still 72%). 

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Aren’t the recent Disney remakes usually rotten? (Aladdin, Lion King, Maleficent 2, Dumbo)

Yes, only 4 of these movies have decent reviews and 8 of them are rotten. Acting like Cruella is doing bad at this point is just straight up nonsense for no reason.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Still unable to explain how the hell Aladdin is in rotten range when I think, and a lot of people think it is a very solid, entertaining reimaging of disney classic, 

• Like 1

The movie does seems to generate a little problem with some critics, obviously nothing close to Joker (saying that just because people are comparing them since The teaser), but it does have some pattern of people saying it's too mean, people saying that it isn't mean enough, people questioning why try to humanize a character like that, and of course people (mostly man) questioning about the appeal of the movie.

I'm sure the movie probably doesn't have anything very polarizing, but maybe being a PG-13 Disney movie about a mean person is making some people confused about it's existence.

But anyway, it's sitting at 72% on RT after 133 reviews and a good 6.6 average, at this point this is not going rotten, so yeah, a win for Emma Stone. Sadly without a theatrical exclusive release and the pandemic we're never gonna trully know about the potencial of this movie commercially.

• Like 2

Who's this movie for? For me. I have mad crushes on both of the Emmas here, so seeing them in gorgeous dresses and incredible hairstyles? I'm already drooling just thinking about it. I'm of the firm belief that if your movie doesn't have hot people in it, then scrap the whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched One Hundred and One Dalmatians;  First thing first, the animation is mighty impressive for 60s film even than 90s TLK, BaTB & Aladdin. Strong plot of parents finding their "dognapped" kids, with good humor. 

Surprised this isn't talked as high as the above 3. 8/10.

And I was totally oblivious to the fact of its big re-release success up until 1996 when it did $66M. It totally deserves. Now excited for Cruella. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Watched One Hundred and One Dalmatians;  First thing first, the animation is mighty impressive for 60s film even than 90s TLK, BaTB & Aladdin. Strong plot of parents finding their "dognapped" kids, with good humor. 

Surprised this isn't talked as high as the above 3. 8/10.

And I was totally oblivious to the fact of its big re-release success up until 1996 when it did $66M. It totally deserves. Now excited for Cruella. 

Good that you brought up one of my childhood favorite Disney films.

1961’s One Hundred and One Dalmatians is easily one of the most popular & beloved Disney animated films of not just the 60’s but also during Walt Disney’s (himself) lifetime. And it’s not surprising to see why.

Box office wise, it’s among those older (pre-90’s) Disney animated films that got to over $100M+, thanks to re-releases. $144M DOM lifetime gross, to be exact for this film. Even today, “One Hundred and One Dalmatians” is still the second highest grossing animated film of all time when adjusted for inflation. Second only behind 1937’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyways, how does “Cruella” (the movie) compare to the 1996’s G-rated & family friendlier “101 Dalmatians”? (one of Disney first live action remakes)

Especially since that movie was a big hit at the time and was Disney’s only truly big remake, before they would make more during the past decade (2010-onward).

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34