Fancyarcher

Cruella | Disney | May 28 2021 | Disney+ premiere access hybrid release

15 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

The youtube algorithm is bombarding my homepage with a hundred different tv spots for this just because I watched the last trailer. Really should start watching trailers for shit like this in an incognito tab.

Life hack: Go to your YouTube History, clear your entire history, then click "Turn Off Watch History". It no longer records what you watched and you don't get bombarded with recommendations for stuff you don't want to watch.

Spoiler

I learned this tactic during my brony phase :ph34r: 

• Thanks 1

How well do we think this movie is going to do? I haven't seen any hype for it at all but it is a well known Disney brand. Malificent did relatively well despite poor reviews. And with movies like Joker and Venom, there seems to be an interest in villain centric movies. The trailers haven't exactly drawn me in though.

21 hours ago, poweranimals said:

How well do we think this movie is going to do? I haven't seen any hype for it at all but it is a well known Disney brand. Malificent did relatively well despite poor reviews. And with movies like Joker and Venom, there seems to be an interest in villain centric movies. The trailers haven't exactly drawn me in though.

I'm just gonna throw out some random #s and guess a 16/55 run domestic. No clue about OS though.

This is easily the most advertised movie (at least what I'm seeing!) in the pandemic era. Seeing billboards and Youtube/Twitter ads everywhere. Weirdly A Quiet Place II comes out that same weekend and I haven't seen a single thing.

23 hours ago, poweranimals said:

It's really you, engagement is pretty strong with that one on Twitter and it's constantly advertised.

Incredible reactions so far, no wonder Disney is so confident.

I don't know howm uch it'll be able to gross in theaters in the current conditions but it'll be a great argumznt for Disney+ too, with Premiere Access first and then going free later.