Fancyarcher

Cruella | Disney | May 28 2021 | Disney+ premiere access hybrid release

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

That's the problem though. My idea would work if this was an adult drama. But for a family movie based on one of the most famous animated movies of all time? Probably not. It's kind of this movie's big conundrum. With all the other Disney remakes, they all have something that appeals to kids. Even the Glenn Close movie has the doggos. I don't really see what makes this interesting to the family audience.

Yeah, just realized that's what you were getting at when you said "not as commercial as Disney would like". Oops.

It'll be interesting when we get a synopsis some time next year to see where they're going with this. They're clearly banking on the Maleficent concept working with other classic Disney villains. I'd rather something original, but what can ya do?

I'm not sure how you really do this. Nowadays, people really care about dogs and making a movie centered on someone intent on killing dogs doesn't make for the best family movie. I don't see how this works unless they change her character.

I think the 1996 live action remake of 101 Dalmatians, felt more like a legit remake to the 1961-animated version. Ergo...that film was their first ever legit Disney remake (and that was 14 years before Burton’s Alice in Wonderland).

Aside from Glenn Close as Cruella De Vil herself, it also had most of the other elements from the animated film like: The Dalmatians (Pongo, Perdita and the puppies), the human owners (Roger & Anita) Nanny, Horace & Jasper, etc.

And it was a financial hit with $136M DOM & $320M WW (one of the biggest films of 1996), thanks to the family-appeal.

So...i don’t know exactly what stuff from this film will stand out compared to the 1996-film. Since i feel that one was a true Disney remake of the 1961-animated film.

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think the 1996 live action remake of 101 Dalmatians, felt more like a legit remake to the 1961-animated version. Ergo...that film was their first ever legit Disney remake (and that was 14 years before Burton’s Alice in Wonderland).

Aside from Glenn Close as Cruella De Vil herself, it also had most of the other elements from the animated film like: The Dalmatians (Pongo, Perdita and the puppies), the human owners (Roger & Anita) Nanny, Horace & Jasper, etc.

And it was a financial hit with $136M DOM & $320M WW (one of the biggest films of 1996), thanks to the family-appeal.

So...i don’t know exactly what stuff from this film will stand out compared to the 1996-film. Since i feel that one was a true Disney remake of the 1961-animated film.

This should be the view from the other side like Maleficient, no? "Look, Cruella isn't really that evil"

26 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

This should be the view from the other side like Maleficient, no? "Look, Cruella isn't really that evil"

"Look, the Joker isn't really that evil ?"

"Look, Darth Vader ins't really that evil ?"

It s like poetry.

It rhymes.

Edited by The Futurist

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, CloneWars said:

I'm not sure how you really do this. Nowadays, people really care about dogs and making a movie centered on someone intent on killing dogs doesn't make for the best family movie. I don't see how this works unless they change her character.

Which would mean we do not have the Cruella people love to hate, which makes the whole thing kind of pointless,

Who wants to see a good Cruella?

Edited by dudalb

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:04 AM, JimiQ said:

Except for Infinity saga.

IW: Look, Thanos is the bad guy, but he has his reasons.

EG: Holy shit, he's evil as f*ck!

I disagree. They show his reasons, but he is still evil as f**k.

I think "Thanos as religious fanatic" works very well.

I guess they could go the "Wicked" route....but what makes that work is the foil for the Wicked Witch: She is much put upon and screwed over individual...and the person doing much of the screwing is Glenda the "Good Witch" who is, underneath all the smarmy goodness, is a conniving, scheming, evil little bitch who manages to hide it. "Cruella" does not have that.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:22 AM, CloneWars said:

Cats are in, dogs are out

• Thanks 1