Fancyarcher

Cruella | Disney | May 28 2021 | Disney+ premiere access hybrid release

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Assuming he's playing Cruella's fat henchman, I wonder who the skinny guy will be? The '96 version was Hugh Laurie, so the next guy's got some big shoes to fill.

Weren't there rumors that Dev Patel was being looked at for that role?

Isn't Disney gonna fill that 2020 Christmas gap up with any other big movie? Will they lay all efforts on Fox's West Side Story as they did last Christmas with MPR? Not that Cruella was gonna blast it off at box office, but better two movies (Disney and Fox) than only one, for the period. 

Is it too soon for a RJ SW movie? They could release the first installment of the trilogy in Christmas 2020 and then move the 2nd and 3rd to september/october of the following years. 

2 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Isn't Disney gonna fill that 2020 Christmas gap up with any other big movie? Will they lay all efforts on Fox's West Side Story as they did last Christmas with MPR? Not that Cruella was gonna blast it off at box office, but better two movies (Disney and Fox) than only one, for the period. 

Is it too soon for a RJ SW movie? They could release the first installment of the trilogy in Christmas 2020 and then move the 2nd and 3rd to september/october of the following years. 

It'll probably just be West Side Story at this point. I bet they end up moving that back a week to Christmas Day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Too soon for a Star Wars film, SW is pencilled in for 2022 I believe. Not sure if Rian movies are still happening but if they are, they are not coming next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AN9815 said:

Doubt Disney will leave Christmas 2020 with just West Side Story, my bets are on The Eternals being moved there or The Little Mermaid being released there. 

Little Mermaid won't start shooting until early next year so that's definitely for later in 2021.

59 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Little Mermaid won't start shooting until early next year so that's definitely for later in 2021.

I wouldn't rule out 2022 as late 2021 does look very packed at the moment unless it replaces Indiana Jones V but then it'd be between Sing 2 and Space Jam 2.

1 hour ago, AN9815 said:

Doubt Disney will leave Christmas 2020 with just West Side Story, my bets are on The Eternals being moved there or The Little Mermaid being released there. 

Eternals is gonna get destroyed by DUNE. Disney would be fools to move it.