kayumanggi

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE | 388.5 M overseas | 543.9 M worldwide

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

no Hugh Jackman will hurt this overseas

DoFP was already below X3 and X2 in France and DoFP was the biggest X-Men movie OS. I would say France is not the best place to judge this franchise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

DoFP was already below X3 and X2 in France and DoFP was the biggest X-Men movie OS. I would say France is not the best place to judge this franchise. 

Not true.

X-Men 2 got $19m there, X3 $22m and DOFP $29.65m, helped by inflation and 3D. It's totally in line with the rest of the world.

X-Men are popular in France.

• Like 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

Not true.

X-Men 2 got $19m there, X3 $22m and DOFP $29.65m, helped by inflation and 3D. It's totally in line with the rest of the world.

X-Men are popular in France.

Forget what I just said then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

Fullbuster, are those numbers, admissions without consideration of ticket price inflation, 3D, and IMAX?

Like many countries overseas, France provides raw admission numbers. The actual dollar value is gonna fluctuate, not just from 3D and IMAX, but from exchange rates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superweirdo87 said:

Yeah, I was wondering about whether the numbers were counting tickets/admissions or money.

You can't give numbers in $ without taking inflation, 3D, IMAX, exchange rates...into account.