kayumanggi

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE | 388.5 M overseas | 543.9 M worldwide

11 minutes ago, Blackout said:

maybe the 235 includes marketing?

No. That's not how these things are reported. Also marketing is WAY more than $60m so that wouldn't fly either way. 

Most likely $235-250m is the actual budget but Fox managed to fudge it down with tax breaks and other stuff.

• Like 1

Deadline

20th Century Fox reports that X-Men: Apocalypse has grossed $130M in 77 overseas markets through Thursday,  opening at #1 in all of its international territories, biggest opening weekend for a Fox title in India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and the Dominican Republic.

South Korea opened on Thursday earning $1.7 million from 1,216 screens (+19% ahead of Days of Future Past‘s ).

http://pro.boxoffice.com/international-update-x-men-apocalypse-reaches-130m-overseas/

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline

20th Century Fox reports that X-Men: Apocalypse has grossed $130M in 77 overseas markets through Thursday,  opening at #1 in all of its international territories, biggest opening weekend for a Fox title in India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and the Dominican Republic.

South Korea opened on Thursday earning $1.7 million from 1,216 screens (+19% ahead of Days of Future Past‘s ).

http://pro.boxoffice.com/international-update-x-men-apocalypse-reaches-130m-overseas/

I think this is probably a good number, right?

On May 26, 2016 at 4:12 AM, druv10 said:

Apocalypse is screwed in China, with a better release date it could have done close to CW but now I'm not even sure 100M will happen. 

175/415/590M WW

It is not disastrous

How can it do >400?

Am thinking 250m from current territories + 150 (China+Japan+SK+others) = 400 at most.

150m dom and 390m os for 540m ww.

Edited by a2knet

I think overseas numbers are fine.  It opened with 100 million, then it went on to make 30 million during the week and 55 million for the weekend. 

If it gets at least 90-100 million in China + 130-150 from the other markets, we still might get to see 400-430 million overseas. I don't know, lol.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think overseas numbers are fine.  It opened with 100 million, then it went on to make 30 million during the week and 55 million for the weekend. 

If it gets at least 90-100 million in China + 130-150 from the other markets, we still might get to see 400-430 million overseas. I don't know, lol.

Sounds about right. 

With $55.3M from 17,259 screens in 79 international markets, Fox’s latest X-Menentry brings its cume to $185.8M overseas. Korea was a major debut with $12M from 1,258 screens (including previews). That gives the studio its third-biggest non-holiday opening weekend of all time there — it also has the No. 2 movie in Korea this week with Fox International Productions’ The Wailing.

XMA holds were strong with No. 1s in 19 markets. The mutants notably had the upper hand on Alice in Brazil where the Bryan Singer-helmed pic was No. 1 again with $4.8M ($13.5M cume). It also had top marks in the UK with $3.7M ($17.5M), andAustralia ($2.3M/$8.3M). Other top cumes include Mexico at $14.4M; France with $10.4M; and the Philippines with $7.5M. China is the next release territory on June 3.

Source: Deadline.com

420M+ OS and 150M+ DOM

570-600M WW not that bad

• Like 6