kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

Based on holds in SK and Brazil,  in addition to the OW in Japan, Mexico and HK, I see it getting very close to a $40 million weekend OS. Will be interesting to see what the holds are in Europe. Normally, the end of the Euro should mean stronger holds this week than the already very strong holds its been having through the weeks in the region, but then you have Ice Age being released in several countries which will seriously hurt it.

• Like 2

Boxoffice.com: Finding Dory continues its overseas dominance with $36.5 million, up 22.8 percent, as it expanded into 45 markets. It’s now earned $276.2 million overseas and $721.7 million globally, led by $38.3 million in China, $33.7 million in Australia, and $23.7 million in Brazil.

No mention of Mexico opening yet :huh:

• Like 1

Deadline:

In her 5th weekend in overseas waters, the blue tang and pals splashed up a further $36.5M to take the international cume to $276.2M and the global total to $721.7M. There were big market debuts in Mexico, Japan and Hong Kong which contributed to a week-on-week increase of 18% and to take the total number of offshore hubs to 45.

Mexico gave the Andrew Stanton-helmed sequel a $9.4M start for the second biggest Disney Animation or Pixar opening of all time. Mexico also instantly joined the Top 10 overseas markets for Dory which has a full six weeks of summer vacation to pull in kids and families. In Japan, she had a two-day weekend with $6.3M on the Sat/Sun. It’s the top Western release for the frame and opened 63% above Inside Out at open. Tomorrow is a national holiday there. In Hong Kong, $1.9M ($2.8M including previews) worth of fans turned up at the aquarium for the No. 1 Western title and the 4th biggest animated opening ever.

In holds, Dory saw a 32% drop in Europe. In Belgium, she was up +27%. Despite the ongoing upset in France, there was only a 25% drop there. In the Netherlands, Dory held the No. 1 spot for the third consecutive weekends.

Family-friendly Latin America as a region has grossed $80.5M with Brazil the standout at $23.7M. Dory & Co are the No. 1 movie for three weekends in a row and the biggest Disney Animation or Pixar release of all time.

Elsewhere, Australia has now posted $33.7M for the biggest grossing Disney Animation or Pixar release ever and the No. 2 highest grossing industry animated release, behind Shrek 2. Dory’s China run concluded with $38.3M. That’s still the top ex-U.S. market with the UK and Germany still on deck.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline:

In her 5th weekend in overseas waters, the blue tang and pals splashed up a further $36.5M to take the international cume to $276.2M and the global total to $721.7M. There were big market debuts in Mexico, Japan and Hong Kong which contributed to a week-on-week increase of 18% and to take the total number of offshore hubs to 45.

Mexico gave the Andrew Stanton-helmed sequel a $9.4M start for the second biggest Disney Animation or Pixar opening of all time. Mexico also instantly joined the Top 10 overseas markets for Dory which has a full six weeks of summer vacation to pull in kids and families. In Japan, she had a two-day weekend with $6.3M on the Sat/Sun. It’s the top Western release for the frame and opened 63% above Inside Out at open. Tomorrow is a national holiday there. In Hong Kong, $1.9M ($2.8M including previews) worth of fans turned up at the aquarium for the No. 1 Western title and the 4th biggest animated opening ever.

In holds, Dory saw a 32% drop in Europe. In Belgium, she was up +27%. Despite the ongoing upset in France, there was only a 25% drop there. In the Netherlands, Dory held the No. 1 spot for the third consecutive weekends.

Family-friendly Latin America as a region has grossed $80.5M with Brazil the standout at $23.7M. Dory & Co are the No. 1 movie for three weekends in a row and the biggest Disney Animation or Pixar release of all time.

Elsewhere, Australia has now posted $33.7M for the biggest grossing Disney Animation or Pixar release ever and the No. 2 highest grossing industry animated release, behind Shrek 2. Dory’s China run concluded with $38.3M. That’s still the top ex-U.S. market with the UK and Germany still on deck.

that $6.3 from japan is depressing........... 

• Like 1

Pixar’s Finding Dory added $36.5m in its fifth weekend for $276.2m from 45 territories. Overall the animation grossed $47.5m worldwide for $721.7m, of which $445.5m comes from North America.

China leads the way on $38.3m with roughly 80% of the international arena now active, followed by Australia on $33.7m, Brazil on $23.7m, France on $16.8m, Spain on $15.6m and Russia on $9.1m.

Argentina has produced $14.3m and South Korea $12.7m. The film scored a $9.4m debut in Mexico for the second highest Disney Animation or Pixar opening of all time behind Toy Story 3 with six weeks of summer holidays to leverage.

Finding Dory arrived in Japan on $6.3m from Saturday and Sunday ahead of Monday’s national holiday, and debuted in Hong Kong on $2.8m including previews.

In Brazil the film stayed top for the third consecutive session and ranks as the biggest Disney Animation or Pixar release of all time on $23.7m, contributing more than one-quarter of Latin America’s $80.5m running total.

Australia has produced $33.7m to establish Finding Dory as the top Disney Animation or Pixar release the second biggest animation of all time in the country behind Shrek 2.

Finding Dory is now the highest grossing Disney Animation or Pixar release in Slovakia, South Africa, Oman and the UAE. 

Finding Dory is now the highest grossing Disney Animation or Pixar release in Slovakia, South Africa, Oman, the UAE, India, Indonesia and the Philippines.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Pixar’s Finding Dory added $36.5m in its fifth weekend for $276.2m from 45 territories. Overall the animation grossed $47.5m worldwide for $721.7m, of which $445.5m comes from North America.

China leads the way on $38.3m with roughly 80% of the international arena now active, followed by Australia on $33.7m, Brazil on $23.7m, France on $16.8m, Spain on $15.6m and Russia on $9.1m.

Argentina has produced $14.3m and South Korea $12.7m. The film scored a $9.4m debut in Mexico for the second highest Disney Animation or Pixar opening of all time behind Toy Story 3 with six weeks of summer holidays to leverage.

Finding Dory arrived in Japan on $6.3m from Saturday and Sunday ahead of Monday’s national holiday, and debuted in Hong Kong on $2.8m including previews.

In Brazil the film stayed top for the third consecutive session and ranks as the biggest Disney Animation or Pixar release of all time on $23.7m, contributing more than one-quarter of Latin America’s $80.5m running total.

Australia has produced $33.7m to establish Finding Dory as the top Disney Animation or Pixar release the second biggest animation of all time in the country behind Shrek 2.

Finding Dory is now the highest grossing Disney Animation or Pixar release in Slovakia, South Africa, Oman and the UAE. 

Finding Dory is now the highest grossing Disney Animation or Pixar release in Slovakia, South Africa, Oman, the UAE, India, Indonesia and the Philippines.

Hey, you forgot Brazil, it's far ahead too there, at least in lc

1 hour ago, Damianport1 said:

So how is Dory looking after this weekend? Still on track for 1B?

Definitely. Markets that opened prior to this past weekend should end up grossing around $295M total. Mexico, Hong Kong, and Japan opened over the weekend. Japan is a pretty leggy market, so $75M is in play there. Mexico's opening makes a total of $35M pretty likely, assuming decent legs (which has generally been the case in Latin America). Hong Kong around $8M, I think.

UK opens at the end of July. Projection from the UK thread is $75M, taking into account Brexit. 

A number of European markets open up from late August to late September, including Germany, Austria, Italy, Sweden, Norway, and Finland. I didn't find any specific predictions from their respective threads, but I looked at how IO and Nemo did in those markets and I think it's reasonable to expect $80M or more from those markets combined. Quite possible for a lot more if Dory does well in Germany and Italy.

295+75+35+8+75+80= ~$570M OS total.

Domestic total is still on track for at least $480M ~$490M I think. 490+570 = $1,060M

That's a pretty nice $60M cushion, and I don't think I've used any overly optimistic estimates. I can't see how Dory could miss $1B.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $445,504,450    61.7%
Foreign:  $276,200,000    38.3%

Worldwide:  $721,704,450  

DOM should add 40-50M,heading to $485-495M

HK+Japan+Mexico should add around 95-100M 

UK+Germany+Italy=100-110M

Other markets 50-60M.

OS heading to $520-550M

I think 1B is very likely,and the high end is 1.05B or very close to TS3.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So this could make lower than FINDING NEMO overseas?

It could, but I really doubt it. Back when Zootopia projections were being made there was a pretty much universal trend to underestimate markets where no specific projections were being made. So my estimate for the August/September European markets is probably a lowball. I actually think my estimate of $570M OS is the floor (or nearly so), because even though Japan or the UK might fall a bit short, that will almost certainly be made up by underestimates elsewhere.

Edited by Jason