kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

Seems BOM not only updated Dory's OS gross but......holy shit did their do a recent late WW-update on nearly the rest of the other Pixar-films.

Toy Story 3's WW-gross is now $1.067B....finally overtaking Pirates 2: Dead Man's Chest's $1.066B.

Finding Nemo is now at $940M WW.....overtaking Harry Potter 5's $939M.

Monsters University increased to $744M.

Up is now from $731M to $735M.

The Incredibles is now at $633M (Overtaking Kung Fu Panda's $631M)

Ratatouille went down to $620M WW.

Monsters Inc has gone from $562M to $577M WW!

Cars 2 increased now to $562M WW

Brave got to over $540M WW.

WALL-E went up from $521M to $533M WW.

Cars went a bit up $462M WW....since it's OS-gross is now $218M.

Toy Story 2 had an insane WW-update. It went from $485M to $497M! $12M difference. Now it's OS total is higher than it's DOM-total.

Even the first Toy Story saw a late update....and it went up! Now it's at $373M WW. (Finally overtaking Die Hard: With a Vengeance's $366M for the biggest movie of 1995.)

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 10

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Japan gross is hugely disappointing. I would think it would make over 100m there

Are you really dissing on how Finding Dory's OS-gross, lol? Cause most of the time....all you do is complain how lame the movie is doing OS. :sadben:

That's the only thing you're good at. Complain that a blockbuster is doing worse than expected. :ph34r: Is that that what you always do, lol? :P

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are you really dissing on how Finding Dory's OS-gross, lol? Cause most of the time....all you do is complain how lame the movie is doing OS. :sadben:

That's the only thing you're good at. Complain that a blockbuster is doing worse than expected. :ph34r: Is that that what you always do, lol? :P

it's not new lol he's quite the depressed one, always disappointed. :P

• Like 1

On 20 augusti 2016 at 8:10 PM, Fullbuster said:

it's not new lol he's quite the depressed one, always disappointed. :P

Yeah. Very true.....you got a point. I've seen that before from him many times.

You know......i have noticed that different users in Box Office Theory, have their own different kinds of traits. Like John Marston is always the complainer.....Jonwo is the one that states the important....whenever it's being too obvious or not.....and Filmbuff.....is a bit of a curser at times.

And BKB......he always types with BOLD words.

Oh, and Omni......he's usually the exposition-guy, lol. :lol:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Passing 1B is fine to me. No film in this summer could avoid the horrifying impact of Brexit. However, releasing FD so close to SLOP did hurt alot... Switching release date with another Pixar-flick like Coco could not work either because of competition from Justice League and SW VIII.

Edit* The only disappointing thing about FD for me so far is the really late release date in Sweden (26 September). As I have to wait and avoid spoilers for more than three months. 

Edited by SwedishFailturez

//Screendaily

With no new openings, Finding Dory swum to $6.7m from its 22 territories for $437.2m so far overseas.

In the UK, it reclaimed top spot with a $3.6m fourth weekend (a boost of 9%) for a local tally of $42.3m, while it fell 33% in Japan with $1.9m for $58.5m to date. It opens in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden next weekend.

• Like 1

Why is Dory trailing Zoo and TJB so badly at the OS?

My initial thought was that the Nemo/Pixar brand was much much stronger.

One reason is that TJB made $100 million and Zootopia over $200 million more in China. And Dory has not yet opened in every market. Reckon there are other reasons, but I think China is the most important.

Pixar's track record in Japan appears to be fading as of late... or at least getting shown up by Disney.

Which is unfortunate cuz that and the UK were really the only foreign markets that were consistently reliable for them. 

Edited by Jiffy

1 hour ago, Jiffy said:

Pixar's track record in Japan appears to be fading as of late... or at least getting shown up by Disney.

Which is unfortunate cuz that and the UK were really the only foreign markets that were consistently reliable for them. 

Pixar is making gains in Latin America and Korea though.