kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

36 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Finding Dory is now at $526M OS and with a total of $1.011B WW.

So it has eventually topped Nolan's The Dark Knight's WW-gross. Which still leaves TDK as the lowest grossing billion-dollar grosser, WW-wise.

Can it pass Zootopia?

19 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Can it pass Zootopia?

It will definitely pass Zootopia. Has at least $10M left in the tank in Germany alone, and at least another $5M remaining from Italy/Austria and remaining overseas markets. Final OS gross will be at least $542M, final WW at least $1,027M. Almost certainly higher, I'll give more accurate estimates once weekend actuals come in.

• Like 6

Screendaily;

Finding Dory added $6.4m from international waters to reach $526.3m. The Pixar hit became the third film of the year-to-date to cross $1bn worldwide last week and ranks as the fifth biggest international animation release.

Japan leads the way on $66m, followed by the UK on $55.3m, China on $38.4m, Australia on $36.2m and Brazil on $34.5m.

Germany has generated $25.5m after three weekends.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jason said:

It will definitely pass Zootopia. Has at least $10M left in the tank in Germany alone, and at least another $5M remaining from Italy/Austria and remaining overseas markets. Final OS gross will be at least $542M, final WW at least $1,027M. Almost certainly higher, I'll give more accurate estimates once weekend actuals come in.

that's pretty nice to have Pixar topping animation box office of the Year again not just domestic, but worldwide as well.

That is of course assuming Moana and Sing do not massive overperform and take the ww crown.:)

Top 10 OS animated movies (in thousands, as of 18/10/2016)

01 $875.7 Frozen

02 $823.4 Minions

03 $715.9 Ice Age 3

04 $690.1 Ice Age 4

05 $682.4 Zootopia

06 $652.0 Toy Story 3

07 $602.7 Despicable Me 2

08 $559.5 Finding Nemo*

09 $545.7 The Lion King*

10 $530.5 Madagascar 3

11 $525.9 Finding Dory

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Top 10 OS animated movies (in thousands, as of 18/10/2016)

01 $875.7 Frozen

02 $823.4 Minions

03 $715.9 Ice Age 3

04 $690.1 Ice Age 4

05 $682.4 Zootopia

06 $652.0 Toy Story 3

07 $602.7 Despicable Me 2

08 $559.5 Finding Nemo*

09 $545.7 The Lion King*

10 $530.5 Madagascar 3

11 $525.9 Finding Dory

YES!!! Dory in the top 10 ;)

I would post somewhere more relevant but no Toy Story 3 thread exists since this forum was created in 2011 and I can't yet create a thread for Boss Baby. I am SICK of DreamWorks. They are disgusting pigs and they deserve to go bankrupt and burn to the ground. The picture I posted contains screenshots from the trailer of Toy Story 3 (left) and The Boss Baby (right). I don't think I need to say much else as you guys can see for yourselves:

https://postimg.org/image/h8j8xk4wf/

#ChatterTelephoneRipOff

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

I would post somewhere more relevant but no Toy Story 3 thread exists since this forum was created in 2011 and I can't yet create a thread for Boss Baby.

Why not post in the box office discussion thread?

8 minutes ago, JCS said:

Obviously a huge success OS but I still feel it was a bit underwhelming when compared to Jungle Book or Zootropolis. Why wasn't this bigger OS?

Grosses OS without China:

Finding Dory: $487m

Jungle Book: $452m

Zootopia: $447m

Maybe some can say that it is unfair to not take into account one market, independently of its size, but in this case, China has been the key.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, peludo said:

Grosses OS without China:

Finding Dory: $487m

Jungle Book: $452m

Zootopia: $447m

Maybe some can say that it is unfair to not take into account one market, independently of its size, but in this case, China has been the key.

Yep, you nailed it :) If Dory had grossed $150m in China we probably wouldn't hear about the movie being a bit disappointing OS.

Edited by Fullbuster

16 hours ago, Quigley said:

I would post somewhere more relevant but no Toy Story 3 thread exists since this forum was created in 2011 and I can't yet create a thread for Boss Baby. I am SICK of DreamWorks. They are disgusting pigs and they deserve to go bankrupt and burn to the ground. The picture I posted contains screenshots from the trailer of Toy Story 3 (left) and The Boss Baby (right). I don't think I need to say much else as you guys can see for yourselves:

https://postimg.org/image/h8j8xk4wf/

#ChatterTelephoneRipOff

That boss baby trailer was horrible I find it interesting it is this specific thing that offends you. Honestly although not a fan of dreamworks lately, I Still have some level of emotional connection with their films in a way I could never with illumination films.:lol:

2 hours ago, NCsoft said:

That boss baby trailer was horrible I find it interesting it is this specific thing that offends you. Honestly although not a fan of dreamworks lately, I Still have some level of emotional connection with their films in a way I could never with illumination films.:lol:

Turns out that toy actually existed before Toy Story 3 so not really a rip-off from that film. Still horrible trailer as you said.

2 hours ago, seduh said:

Sorry but u can´t exclude a country to analize, get over it, Zootopia was a bigger hit overseas than Dory. It destroy the animated movie record and it had a lower OD than Finding Dory. 

I think overseas exclude China does has some purposes because overseas performance is also about how the movie does all around the world in general, China is  a huge market with very specific taste so sometimes excluding it makes sense in term of analysis.

Yes technically, Zootopia did do better overseas then Dory, mainly because of China. We can just as well say, Dory did a tiny bit better worldwide, mainly because of America (and Canada).

• Like 2

That's not the point. The point is that OS-China Dory beat Zootopia by just 10%. That alone is a failure. Amd what if Dory had grossed 100M more in China? It would have made like 640M OS, still below pretty much every prediction on this site.

That shows how much in modern society you have to ride a phenomenon without awaiting. And probably points at a sub-1.2M WW gross for Frozen 2.