kayumanggi

INDEPENDENCE DAY RESURGENCE | 286.5 M overseas | 389.7 M worldwide

On 3/28/2016 at 10:39 AM, Aristis said:

Probably all depends on China whether this can be the highest grossing title of the year (and the other OS-markets have to deliver too)

Looks like China is not going to deliver. ID4 is trailing Now You See Me 2 in its first day. 

6 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Apparently it's really bombing in Brazil..Not a surprise though..

This movie is "just" 20 years late.  Many people moved on.

It's a sequel that nobody needed it.  No nostalgia can save it now, BUT it may still make some money regardless. I'll probably watch it soon, but I'm not crazy about it.

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

This movie is "just" 20 years late.  Many people moved on.

It's a sequel that nobody needed it.  No nostalgia can save it now, BUT it may still make some money regardless. I'll probably watch it soon, but I'm not crazy about it.

Yeah, nobody asked for it, let alone without Will Smith!

30 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Did it open everywhere?

IMDB has Spain, Germany, France, and Japan opening next week or later in July. Italy opens in September.

I think those are big enough markets to make $300M likely given the $100M start this weekend, but it won't be much higher. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kswiston said:

IMDB has Spain, Germany, France, and Japan opening next week or later in July. Italy opens in September.

I think those are big enough markets to make $300M likely given the $100M start this weekend, but it won't be much higher. 

Usually european markets are strong for disaster movies so 300+ is deffo happening, I think. But under 500M WW and that's just bad.

30 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

$300M would be a unmitigated disaster. 

300 mill would be a disapointment yes, but lets not get carried away here...

300 mill OS(with 75 mill from China) and 100 mill DOM would mean 160-170 mill back to the studio. Thats the PB..

TV,streaming,HV ect will more than make up for P&A..

Will this be a money maker? No

Will it make them a lot of money? No

Turtles 2 will make less money to the studio than this. 

Talk about that for a change

• Like 1

Deadline

In China, IDR made $37.3M from 6,047. While the film came in No. 2 there for the weekend, it was the 4th highest grossing frame ever for Fox. Korea ($7.4M), the UK ($7.3M), Mexico ($6.8M) and Taiwan ($3.7M) round out the Top 5. Just behind it, India scored the biggest Fox opening ever with $3.53M

Edited by Purple Minion

17 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline

In China, IDR made $37.3M from 6,047. While the film came in No. 2 there for the weekend, it was the 4th highest grossing frame ever for Fox. Korea ($7.4M), the UK ($7.3M), Mexico ($6.8M) and Taiwan ($3.7M) round out the Top 5. Just behind it, India scored the biggest Fox opening ever with $3.53M

WTF?!! Some serious manipulation being done by Fox India. It did around 1.7 million NET this weekend. I don't think the GROSS can be double of that. No Way. 

They probably fudged the numbers to get it to a 100+ overseas opening.