kayumanggi

ICE AGE: COLLISION COURSE | 344.5 M overseas ● 408.6 M worldwide

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is looking like pulling in a Alice. Its inevitable for any franchise. Even the minions will start to decline next. Shrek previously declined big time even in OS markets.

I agree, but I think the despicable me decline will be much less than the ice age decline next year. 

I think the 4-year absecence for ice age could have hurt it a bit, BO-wise.

12 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is looking like pulling in a Alice. Its inevitable for any franchise. Even the minions will start to decline next. Shrek previously declined big time even in OS markets.

No.

Shrek 2:$478m

Shrek 3:$476m

Shrek 4:$513m

Edited by efialtes76

20 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Even if it's lower than IA4 it will be profitable.

However that should be the last one, this one is a good way to end. After that they can do a spn-off about Scrat.

No doubt it will be profitable.

20 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Because it's the truth, lol. :P

You do realize that Bluesky's lowest grossing movie, WW-wise.....is their last movie, The Peanuts Movie. And that movie had great reviews....,but nobody gave a fuck about seeing it, especially the OS-audience....where we all predicted it was gonna be bigger than it ended with. And for a Bluesky-movie.....that is disappointing. Yeah, it made $246M WW.....but those are not the numbers you would expect for a Bluesky movie.

None of their other Non-Ice Age movies has come anywhere near the numbers of the Ice Age sequels. The only Non-Ice Age movies that performed strongly WW-wise....was the 2 Rio-films. That's it.

So we have to rely on the IA-movies.

However...i wish we would get another Bluesky-original that does extremely well.....that isn't always Ice Age-related. Just like we got with the Rio-films. :)

I never mentioned this being the last of the franchise, or it would be bad for Blue Sky Studios. 

You said "I feel it"? I don't know where you pull that argument from.

You also mentioned about wishing something to fail because we want to. Where did that come from as well? Find a post where I said I wanted this to fail.

You also said there is no way this movie bombs. No one is saying it will bomb so I don't really understand why you need to bring that up.

Seems this was huge in Mexico

Good numbers:

The 5th film in the Fox/Blue Sky Studios franchise launched in seven international markets, this frame and scurried to $20Mfrom 5,291 screens. This time around, Manny, Diego, and Sid join up with Buck to fend off a meteor strike — inadvertently set in motion by Scrat — that would destroy the world. There is a lot of animated fare in the markets right now, with Finding Dorycontinuing to roll out and The Secret Life Of Pets just getting started. Collision Course, helmed by Mike Thurmeier, will spread to nearly the rest of the world during July and then hits China in a plum late August slot. North America bows July 22.

The earlier films have all performed increasingly bigger overseas vs domestic with a collective $2.1B in international dollars. IA5 started play this weekend with the industry’s biggest opening ever in Uruguay at $592K; and in Mexico it was Fox’s 2nd biggest opening weekend of all time (-4% from Ice Age: Continental Drift) with $8.7M. Germany was No. 1 with $5.6M — notable given the Mannschaft’s Euro 2016 match against Italy on Saturday night which ran to extended penalties. Similarly, Austria, and Switzerland were both No. 1 with $923K and $536K, respectively. At $2.97M on 308 screens, Australia gave IA5 a No. 5 debut.

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I never mentioned this being the last of the franchise, or it would be bad for Blue Sky Studios. 

You said "I feel it"? I don't know where you pull that argument from.

You also mentioned about wishing something to fail because we want to. Where did that come from as well? Find a post where I said I wanted this to fail.

You also said there is no way this movie bombs. No one is saying it will bomb so I don't really understand why you need to bring that up.

Chill, lol. :P:lol: No offense here.

3. Anyways....about the "wishing a certain sequel to underperform massively because i want it to?".....you said...and i quote:

"I feel like it has been repetitive and the audiences will finally get tired of it."

Just so you can be happy and thrilled when it underperforms. :ph34r:

4. Yeah, i know that people have never said it would bomb or anything. I do know that.....but there are some of you that wished it would underperform like hell.....just so BlueSky can only be lucky to get a bigger hit next time.....which even then might not be a guarantee.

Talking to me like i'm kind of unnecessary BlueSky-fanboy, lol.

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Chill, lol. :P:lol: No offense here.

3. Anyways....about the "wishing a certain sequel to underperform massively because i want it to?".....you said...and i quote:

"I feel like it has been repetitive and the audiences will finally get tired of it."

Just so you can be happy and thrilled when it underperforms. :ph34r:

4. Yeah, i know that people have never said it would bomb or anything. I do know that.....but there are some of you that wished it would underperform like hell.....just so BlueSky can only be lucky to get a bigger hit next time.....which even then might not be a guarantee.

Talking to me like i'm kind of unnecessary BlueSky-fanboy, lol.

Saying it has been repetitive and the audience getting tired of it is not in any way wishing it to fail.

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Saying it has been repetitive and the audience getting tired of it is not in any way wishing it to fail.

Then what is then? :huh:

But be nice.....and tell in details so i can understand a bit better....instead of us starting a forum fight for no reason....cause nobody wants that.

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Then what is then? :huh:

But be nice.....and tell in details so i can understand a bit better....instead of us starting a forum fight for no reason....cause nobody wants that.

It is what it is. An opinion. You don't think it's repetitive? When you do, watch, or even eat something again and again you don't get tired of it?

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It is what it is. An opinion. You don't think it's repetitive? When you do, watch, or even eat something again and again you don't get tired of it?

Scrat, I'll never get tired of it, I love this hairball :lol:

Edited by Fullbuster

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

I know, i know, what point you're making. :) That's why i needed to know.

Also....what are your thoughts of other animated franchises with stronger quality?....you know, KFP, HTTYD....and such. Don't you think they need more OS-attention? Especially when they're offering new, good, mature and interesting stuff.

22 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Also, what do you mean be nice? You were the one who made me look like someone who wishes films to fail.

I thought you were lowballing this film just for the sake of it. That's why i found your predictions a bit too ridiculous....against an animated franchise, nonetheless.

And besides.....it's another franchise that is reliant on OS....grosses....like Transformers. What can we do about it? :P How much they gross is what they gross. Simple as that.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

8 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I know, i know, what point you're making. :) That's why i needed to know.

Also....what are your thoughts of other animated franchises with stronger quality?....you know, KFP, HTTYD....and such. Don't you think they need more OS-attention? Especially when they're offering new, good, mature and interesting stuff.

They deserved more. But of course we can't blame Fox for making IA sequels because they have something that connects to the audience more compared to the movies that you mentioned. I am not a fan of the IA films, but I don't think I have any right or reason to wish that they fail.

8 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I thought you were lowballing this film just for the sake of it. That's why i found your predictions a bit too ridiculous....against an animated franchise, nonetheless.

And besides.....it's another franchise that is reliant on OS....grosses....like Transformers. What can we do about it? :P How much they gross is what they gross. Simple as that.

I based my thoughts on ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS's anemic performance overseas. I don't think this will mirror that, but just like what I said, I think a big drop from the previous one is happening.