kayumanggi

ICE AGE: COLLISION COURSE | 344.5 M overseas ● 408.6 M worldwide

I feel like it has been repetitive and the auds will finally get tired of it.

You mean like they will never get tired of anything Pixar-related and only Non-Pixar-related franchises? :mellow:

And what's gonna happen? Will it be the end of the franchise? It would be bad for Bluesky. You feel it, but it's not exactly going to exactly happen as YOU think it will. :rolleyes:

That's isn't how it works. We can't wish it to fail because we want to. Whatever it happens, it happens. :P

Granted, it won't do as big as IA1, IA2 & IA3, DOM-wise...but there is no way in hell that this movie bombs, because they usually keep the budget smaller. I think it will be huge again, WW-wise.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Increased strength of the USD means ER-adjusted OS total of IA4 is only about $560M. I'm not sure if OS audiences will finally tire of this (although I think they ought to). But I don't see this doing much better than the ER-adjusted total of IA4.

My prediction: $550M OS, $100M DOM, $650M WW.

Ice Age 3&4 were really big in Latin America but since then the local currencies have collapsed at such a point.

IA4 grossed 44m in Brazil but because of the ER that would give 25m today, plus it will have to compete with Dory...

With drops all over Latin America IA5 could suffer quite a bit OS.

On 10/11/2015 at 6:19 PM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You mean like they will never get tired of anything Pixar-related and only Non-Pixar-related franchises? :mellow:

And what's gonna happen? Will it be the end of the franchise? It would be bad for Bluesky. You feel it, but it's not exactly going to exactly happen as YOU think it will. :rolleyes:

That's isn't how it works. We can't wish it to fail because we want to. Whatever it happens, it happens. :P

Granted, it won't do as big as IA1, IA2 & IA3, DOM-wise...but there is no way in hell that this movie bombs, because they usually keep the budget smaller. I think it will be huge again, WW-wise.

lol You surely love assuming things. You do this all the time.

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It begins.

Even if it's lower than IA4 it will be profitable.

However that should be the last one, this one is a good way to end. After that they can do a spn-off about Scrat.

28 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

lol You surely love assuming things. You do this all the time.

Because it's the truth, lol. :P

You do realize that Bluesky's lowest grossing movie, WW-wise.....is their last movie, The Peanuts Movie. And that movie had great reviews....,but nobody gave a fuck about seeing it, especially the OS-audience....where we all predicted it was gonna be bigger than it ended with. And for a Bluesky-movie.....that is disappointing. Yeah, it made $246M WW.....but those are not the numbers you would expect for a Bluesky movie.

None of their other Non-Ice Age movies has come anywhere near the numbers of the Ice Age sequels. The only Non-Ice Age movies that performed strongly WW-wise....was the 2 Rio-films. That's it.

So we have to rely on the IA-movies.

However...i wish we would get another Bluesky-original that does extremely well.....that isn't always Ice Age-related. Just like we got with the Rio-films. :)

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34