kayumanggi

STAR TREK BEYOND | 184.6 M overseas ● 343.5 M worldwide

I think this is lower than expected considering they have big, historically favorable territories like the UK, Australia and Germany included but . . . and correct me if I am wrong . . . I don't believe this movie has been released in South Korea, France, all of Latin America, China, Spain or Japan yet.  Those are a lot of countries with pretty large populations.  I remember thinking how little Pets had made a week or so ago and then realized it just hadn't been released in many countries yet.

We won't have a handle on STB's Worldwide numbers until mid September (and even those won't include Japan of course).

Edited by KGator

Screendaily: Star Trek Beyond has now phased to $71.6m at the international box office following a $2.5m weekend from its 34 markets.

Ahead of its release next weekend in France, South Korea and Spain, the latest mission for the USS Enterprise crew has grossed $13.5m in Germany, $18.7m in the UK and $6.7m in Australia.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

OUCH

STID: Germany: $20.6 /  UK: $39.4 /  Aus: $15.9m

ST09: Germany: $12.8 /  UK: $35.4 /  Aus: $12.6m

All of those countries would be down roughly a third from STID using the 2013 currency rates.  When you use the current rates the revenue decrease is closer to 50%.  Fewer ticket sales and each ticket is worth less.  The worst of both worlds for Paramount.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Where do you think this will end up? Can it even make $300m WW?

Well, let's see.

Right now it's sitting at $231m. Add another $10m domestic for $241m.

If the movie has an identical run to Into Darkness in China and Korea ($57m+$11m) that alone puts it past it. That's a big "if", but yeah, it should do $300m+.

On 8/21/2016 at 3:38 PM, Kathemy said:

Well, let's see.

Right now it's sitting at $231m. Add another $10m domestic for $241m.

If the movie has an identical run to Into Darkness in China and Korea ($57m+$11m) that alone puts it past it. That's a big "if", but yeah, it should do $300m+.

It has all of Latin America to open up in yet along with whatever is left in the tank for Spain, France and Korea.  So even if China fell it should hit $300 million easily.  It should end up somewhere in the mid $300s and if it does well in Latin America and China perhaps pushing around $375+ million.

A week before it beams up in China, Paramount/Skydance’s latest in the franchise added $4.7M this frame. The overseas cume is now $92.1M in 51 overseas plays. In a competitive Korea, the total is $8.1M after two sessions. Also in their 2nd frames, France has grossed $4M andSpain is at $2M. Along with China, Brazil opens next frame, followed by Mexico on September 9 and Japan on October 21.

Source: Deadline

Opening this weekend in almost all Latin America and China

Huge weekend ahead!

220M+ OS and 156M+ DOM = 376M WW