kayumanggi

SUICIDE SQUAD | 421.7 M overseas ● 746.8 M worldwide

10 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Might be lowest grossing superhero film this year. Lmao.

X-Men Apocalypse made 155 million domestic.

Even with all the bad reviews, SS is set to make at least 135 million for the weekend alone. So, no.

It's also beating Apocalypse's overseas numbers, at least. That only shows how much disappointing was X-Men's performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShinyDave said:

The sheer opening weekend force will get this above Apocalypse and I doubt it will be close. The marketing effort in the UK, at least in terms of outdoor advertising, has been one of the biggest I've ever seen, for anything.

If SS passes XMA That won't be by Much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

Wonder if Doctor strange won't be released in China with all the mystical crap in it?

China lets shit slide if they think something's going to make big money. Marvel is a huge brand there, also Cumberbatch is wildly popular there for some reason.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

If you're talking overseas numbers, I agree. But SS will destroy X-Men domestically, so WW it won't be close at all IMO.

This sounds fair. I see $250-275m domestic (about half of it on opening weekend a lá BvS) and that's $100m-ish clear of XMA if not more.

It's also about 80% of BvS. If you assume that SS does 80% of BvS internationally too, strip out China and you have just over $350m, a hair short of XMA's total internationally, and the WW total is about $75m clear.

Edited by ShinyDave
Removing switch between "XMA" and "Apocalypse"

1 hour ago, moviesRus said:

China lets shit slide if they think something's going to make big money. Marvel is a huge brand there, also Cumberbatch is wildly popular there for some reason.

Wouldn't be surprising if there's some significant cuts/edits/"new content" for the Chinese release.

Just now, Fullbuster said:

These French numbers are impressive :o

And apparently Russia /Brazil will be very impressive as well.

Yeah and smaller countries are doing the same. Here and in Portugal it is looking at either record breaking numbers for SH movie or in any case over BvS and CW. I'm really curious about Australia. If it follows the trend then US is likely to break out in a similar way.

Big chance lol. Let me correct that. This is easily beating BvS and Deadpool OWs here. EASILY. The OD will be on the biggest ever. I will remember everyone that Deadpool and BvS both own the biggest OW for a superhero movie here (Deadpool in admissions, BvS in money). 

@James the whole fucking country has gone mad. 

• Like 3