kayumanggi

SUICIDE SQUAD | 421.7 M overseas ● 746.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Oh oh. Cinemex (#2 movie theatre chain in the country) won't show SS in Mexico due to disagreements with last minute terms and conditions imposed by Universal Pictures Mexico. That's a potential $10M wiped out from the total gross.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

Just now, efialtes76 said:

Yeah it's a lot of fun...:rolleyes:

Sorry I just think its funny. I don't speak/read spanish so I don't know exactly what happened. But Im guessing that Universal Mexico wanted to change up the terms last minute in their favor and thought the theater chain would just agree to them because its Suicide Squad and the theater just gave them a big fat middle finger to the face. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Oh oh. Cinemex (#2 movie theatre chain in the country) won't show SS in Mexico due to disagreements with last minute terms and conditions imposed by Universal Pictures Mexico. That's a potential $10M wiped out from the total gross.

Lmao wtf mess.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Shameful :huh:

15 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

BvS had huge drops almost everywhere, not just in the U.S. Same thing could very well happen for this.

Yes, it could, but from what I read in Brazil about it the buzz here is way better than BVS's was, hence my comment.

Edited by Arlborn
grammar

18 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Of course you would say that lol. I think drops will be way harsher in the USA than elsewhere.

Not to pile on but BvS had harsh drops everywhere too. Remember it opened to $420M WW and made like $850M. Its holds weren't good anywhere, really. 

Suicide Squad will indeed open huge. No one is debating that. But its drops could be just as huge. And not just in the US. 

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Big chance lol. Let me correct that. This is easily beating BvS and Deadpool OWs here. EASILY. The OD will be on the biggest ever. I will remember everyone that Deadpool and BvS both own the biggest OW for a superhero movie here (Deadpool in admissions, BvS in money). 

@James the whole fucking country has gone mad. 

Lol, you tell me? Like, this is selling out even in the locations that never sell out. It will have a huge huge OW and I think the lack of competition will help it have better legs than BvS and CW. Not hrd considering both of them had horrible multis.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Not to pile on but BvS had harsh drops everywhere too. Remember it opened to $420M WW and made like $850M. Its holds weren't good anywhere, really. 

Suicide Squad will indeed open huge. No one is debating that. But its drops could be just as huge. And not just in the US. 

Read my reply above yours.

3 minutes ago, James said:

Lol, you tell me? Like, this is selling out even in the locations that never sell out. It will have a huge huge OW and I think the lack of competition will help it have better legs than BvS and CW. Not hrd considering both of them had horrible multis.

Civil War had a pretty good multi here but it opened far below BvS and Deadpool. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Civil War had a pretty good multi here but it opened far below BvS and Deadpool. 

Here (OW/Total in admissions):

BvS - 128.687 / 303.798 (x2.36 multi)

Deadpool - 118.149 / 354.982 (x3)

Civil War - 87.146 / 209.323 (x2.4)

BvS holds the record for biggest OW for a CBM (and the 5th biggest OW overall), Deadpool is the highest grossing and most attended CBM, and Civil War has the highest opening for Marvel, but also the worst legs by far.

Thinking SS will open over 100k admissions. I still don't know if it gets to BvS/Deadpool territory. Any opening over 100k is hard to gauge.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Here (OW/Total in admissions):

BvS - 128.687 / 303.798 (x2.36 multi)

Deadpool - 118.149 / 354.982 (x3)

Civil War - 87.146 / 209.323 (x2.4)

BvS holds the record for biggest OW for a CBM (and the 5th biggest OW overall), Deadpool is the highest grossing and most attended CBM, and Civil War has the highest opening for Marvel, but also the worst legs by far.

Thinking SS will open over 100k admissions. I still don't know if it gets to BvS/Deadpool territory. Any opening over 100k is hard to gauge.

The biggest OW here is Furious 7 at around 250000 tickets sold in the first 4 days :lol: 

BvB opened with 107000 tickets sold and closed with a 290000 total.

Civil War opened with 75000 tickets sold and closed with a 255000 total.

Deadpool opened with 112000 tickets sold and closed with a 360000 total.

Deadpool and BvS share the record for superhero movies. 

• Like 1