Avatree

BOT's Fifty Funniest Films - Countdown Complete.

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i have already conceived a child, watched him grow up and then die from succumbing to drug abuse after he was kicked out of college in the time it's taking you to do this countdown.

Still quicker than Noctis' 2014(?) countdown, when he was temp-banned at #3 and never finished it (I think). :lol:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i have already conceived a child, watched him grow up and then die from succumbing to drug abuse after he was kicked out of college in the time it's taking you to do this countdown.

I'm so forgetful lol. I start something then forget it's there. Then I do like 3 days work with no leisure time and then it's completely gone from my head.

151 POINTS

11168930_ori.jpg

"My buns have no seeds."

Released: 1988

Director: John Landis

Comedy kings John Landis and Eddie Murphy return to our list, this time seeking perfection. And they might just have found it - COMING TO AMERICA moves to #24 on the list.

tumblr_nld7luddsU1terwlso1_250.gif

Edited by Total Treecall
  • Like 5

155 POINTS

blazing-saddles.16193.jpg

"Where da white women at?"

Released: 1974

Director: Mel Brooks

And now a step back in time. Westerns may not be thriving right now, but 40 years ago they were all the rage. This comedy-western was a smash hit back then, and now BLAZING SADDLES gallops into the list at #23.

sy1zBq6.gif

• Like 4

167 POINTS

mean-girls-(2004).jpg

"That is SO fetch!"

Released: 2004

Director: Mark Waters

Undeniably one of the defining comedies of the last 15 years, and endlessly quotable, the ultimate chick flick MEAN GIRLS struts into the list at #22.

anigif_enhanced-27156-1430362044-2.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kalo said:

This list is so random...

Actually, the top three movies on this list are Beverly Hills Cop 3, Beverly Hills Cop 2, and Beverly Hills Cop 1. Hope that clears things up.

16 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Actually, the top three movies on this list are Beverly Hills Cop 3, Beverly Hills Cop 2, and Beverly Hills Cop 1. Hope that clears things up.

:apocalypse:

• Like 1

I do agree the list feels pretty random, although I guess you could say the same for a lot of lists. It ain't gonna get any easier to predict though - from Mean Girls, let's go back 70 years....

170 POINTS

arsenic-and-old-lace-movie-poster-1944-1

"For a gallon of elderberry wine, I take one teaspoon full of arsenic, then add half a teaspoon full of strychnine, and then just a pinch of cyanide."

Released: 1944

Director: Frank Capra

Looks like our list has been poisoned! (With dark humour.) ARSENIC AND OLD LACE creeps up to rank #21.

tumblr_mrk3k7QgyI1rilzujo1_500.gif

• Like 2

174 POINTS

f40e1ba533b54ce7aac62ca2c5b1cb25.png

"He's going to be very popular."

Released: 1974

Director: Mel Brooks

It's Mel Brooks again, this time with one of the most quotable comedies arguably ever. YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN sinks its teeth into spot #20.

tumblr_mvpuwdPn1H1rxam8fo4_250.gif

Edited by Total Treecall
  • Like 4

175 POINTS

some-like-it-hot-poster.jpg

"Water polo? Isn't that terribly dangerous?"

Released: 1959

Director: Billy Wilder

Successful, original and influential, this has all the markings of an iconic movie. And so it is - SOME LIKE IT HOT masks itself as #19 in the list.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

176 POINTS

url.jpeg

"Kiss my sweaty balls, you fat fuck."

Released: 2009

Director: Armando Iannucci

Outrageous, politically scathing, and obscene, IN THE LOOP is likely our list's most profane film. Maybe that's why it has weasled its way into #18.

When+she+isn+t+in+the+mood_75833b_529165

Edited by Total Treecall
  • Like 3

183 POINTS

austin_powers-2.jpg

"Name: Austin Danger Powers.

Sex: Yes, please!"

Released: 1997

Director: Jay Roach

The antithesis of every Bond film, this parody has earned its place in the annals of comic cinema. AUSTIN POWERS: INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY dances into place #17.

post-64647-austin-powers-dancing-with-co

• Like 4

189 POINTS

MPW-58556

"We're on a mission from God."

Released: 1980

Director: John Landis

The final John Landis film on this list is a classic comedy piece. THE BLUES BROTHERS got votes from you, you and you, and as a result it's #16.

tumblr_n54enjZIph1s9ab4to1_500.gif

• Like 3

191 POINTS

large_hTb29XWr5jm9itLcgkDaBfNvCpl.jpg

"What's wrong with being sexy?"

Released: 1984

Director: Rob Reiner

And we stray further into the territory of endlessly quotable films, and the pinnacle of mockumentary cinema (if such a thing exists). THIS IS SPINAL TAP is #11 on the list.

tumblr_mslql1zNKC1sqv808o1_500.gif

• Like 2