Avatree

BOT's Fifty Funniest Films - Countdown Complete.

And finally, this leads us to the conclusion of this list. I'm sorry it took so long to complete, and I'm grateful for the 17 lists submitted. There are some really great films highlighted in this list, including many that I had never heard of. Comedy and laughter is something core to the human experience, something that can transcend age, gender, nationality, and language, and it's great that the genre continues to be a central (if sometimes sidelined) element of cinema.

Thank you so much for persevering and reading this list; I hope you've enjoyed it.

The final film was separated from #2 by just a single point. But if you want to find out what it is, I need to ask you a few questions...

What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is your favourite colour?

360 POINTS

40f7411bebeb9ea0f2edcc50b91cb883.png

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Released: 1975

Director: Terry Jones & Terry Gilliam

It may only just have beaten out its competition to the top spot, but it is there nonetheless. You could fill libraries with its quotes, and you'll laugh every time you watch it. Monty Python is a classic comedy group, to whom few have ever come close. They are the Knights who say Ni.

With this crowning by Box Office Theory it is written into stone that MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL is the Funniest Film Ever.

tumblr_nmpljqS5CH1r745vdo1_500.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24556-1374226485-15

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32672-1374226052-5.

• Like 9