Avatree

BOT's Fifty Funniest Films - Countdown Complete.

109 POINTS

21-jump-street-poster-artwork.jpg

"You two sons of bitches are going to college!"

Released: 2012

Directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller

One of a remarkably small number of action-comedies in the past few years, hitting all the right marks with both critics and audiences, 21 JUMP STREET sneaks in to rank #42.

3-21-jump-street-quotes.gif

• Like 6

110 POINTS

89ace50990d5a54c1f955e4c3f1ae7eb.png

"We're going streaking!"

Released: 2003

Directed by Todd Phillips

Where would a populist comedy list be without a Will Ferrell movie? Beating THE HANGOVER by a small margin, Todd Phillips makes his mark on our list with his frat movie, OLD SCHOOL.

post-63979-old-school-frank-the-tank-gif

• Like 2

111 POINTS

678ed465795b44e41658df34e09ac447.png

"No ticket."

Released: 1989

Directed by Steven Spielberg

Spielberg has mastered action, adventure, drama, thriller and science fiction - and if our list is right, may he have mastered comedy too? The conclusion to the iconic trilogy sees INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE fly into our list at #40... just don't call him Junior.

tumblr_m4oamclBOj1r5k9koo3_r2_500.gif

• Like 2

113 POINTS

Ferris-Bueller-poster.jpg

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Released: 1986

Directed by John Hughes

The ultimate teen movie. Need we say more? FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF cheats its way to #39.

tumblr_m6et3gJAxG1rtcdhvo1_500.gif

• Like 4

114 POINTS

hotfuzz03.jpg

"What made you want to become a policeman, officer?"

Released: 2007

Directed by Edgar Wright

Arguably the most successful collaboration between Pegg, Frost and Wright, HOT FUZZ breaks into our list at #38 - like it or not, it's for the greater good.

tumblr_inline_mv5whoDRA31qhqb9q.gif

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb
  • Like 6

115 POINTS

81BeAomXzOL._SL1500_.jpg

"My mama says that alligators are onery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush."

Released: 1998

Directed by Frank Coraci

Adam Sandler, comic genius that is he, quenches our list's thirst by giving us the movie gem that is THE WATERBOY, at place #37.

Bg7lwxE.gif

• Like 1

117 POINTS

toy-story-2-5275e1f63a9f3.jpg

"No, Buzz. I am your father."

Released: 1999

Directed by John Lasseter

Regarded as one of the greatest sequels in modern cinema, we're kidnapping TOY STORY 2 and placing him in the museum of Box Office at rank #36.

tumblr_ncjnapqDMo1rdqbfro1_500.gif

• Like 5

IMHO, this is a great thread but the problem right now is the timing of it.  I just think everyone is focused on SW.  As funny as that sounds, I think it has put us all in a vacuum and everything else is just background noise.  If you want more participation in the thread or more interest, maybe just wait till after the holidays.  SW is pretty much all there is right now.

Just now, baumer said:

IMHO, this is a great thread but the problem right now is the timing of it.  I just think everyone is focused on SW.  As funny as that sounds, I think it has put us all in a vacuum and everything else is just background noise.  If you want more participation in the thread or more interest, maybe just wait till after the holidays.  SW is pretty much all there is right now.

I guess I could leave it until after SW, I just want to get it finished as I forgot about it when the forum design changed. But I guess it's pointless if no one is gonna read it :P 

• Like 1

I will read it to keep me away from star wars news. staying away from any reviews or posts or blog updates or tweets or anything that has to do with anyone that has seen the movie. 

great topic however I don't know how anyone can find Toy Story 2 and Waterboy to be funnier than Hot Fuzz. Hot Fuzz is pure comedy gold and has more laughs than both films combined.

Simon Pegg: name please

random guy: Mr Peter Ian Staker

Simon Pegg: Mr Peter Ian Staker? P I Staker? Piss Taker? common onnn

later on

Simon Pegg: So then Mr Staker...

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

great topic however I don't know how anyone can find Toy Story 2 and Waterboy to be funnier than Hot Fuzz. Hot Fuzz is pure comedy gold and has more laughs than both films combined.

Simon Pegg: name please

random guy: Mr Peter Ian Staker

Simon Pegg: Mr Peter Ian Staker? P I Staker? Piss Taker? common onnn

later on

Simon Pegg: So then Mr Staker...

So many great lines.

Frost: You know there are more guns in the country than in the city, right? Everyone and their mums is packing round here!

Pegg: Like who?

Frost: Farmers.

Pegg: *sigh* Who else?

Frost: Farmers' mums.

Pegg: What about this guy? Ask yourself, why has he got his hood down like that?

Frost: Err, cause he's fuck ugly?

Pegg: Ooorrr, maybe he doesn't want you to see his face.

Frost: Yeah, cause he's fuck ugly.

You wanna be a big cop in a small town? Fuck off up the model village.

And yeah, Toy Story is a strange choice but there were dozens of family animated movies from Disney/Dreamworks. Was a bit disturbing seeing just how many of them got put on lists (and multiple lists, at that). Fortunately not all of them made it. :P 

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb
  • Like 2