kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

1 hour ago, Alli said:

In France mother is ahead of AM.  JL is truly the biggest star in the world

http://www.lesinrocks.com/2017/09/14/cinema/box-office-mother-en-tete-tom-cruise-godard-et-pattinson-decoivent-11985507/

Well, I'm not sure that's QED but I sure love the data point!

From the premiere afterparty in NY last night.

https://twitter.com/JLawrenceDaily/status/908255024572067840

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

If Leo was a woman he would have won for Titanic.  Oscar (aka a body disproportionately composed of older men) loves it's pretty ingenues in the Best Actress category.  Pretty young men - not so much. B)

yeah, like Winslet won for Titanic...oh, wait. It was Not At All Ingenue Helen Hunt. ;)

It isn't ingenue alone but ingenue + right role. The above mentioned Winslet won when she was older. 

That said, you are right that young actors don't win Best Actor hence why the youngest male winner in that category was 29 (Brody). 

Edited by Valonqar

Early Word of mouth in France is toxic, it s almost schocking, people just hate the movie with a few defenders here and there but reception as a whole is atrocious, both from critics and movie goers.

Edited by The Futurist

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Early Word of mouth in France is toxic, it s almost shocking, people just hate the movie with a few defenders here and there but reception as whole is atrocious, both from critics and movie goers.

But it's doing good at the BO. It's ahead of AM.  Maybe people are curious

wow so much extreme reactions on both sides.  Not sure why, but hey, to quote JEJ from Field of Dreams "I wish I had your passion, Ray... Misdirected though it might be, it is still a passion."

:P 

Edited by 75livesinDerry

6 minutes ago, Jeriosnal said:

Word of mouth will be toxic everywhere.  This only has a decent reception on RT because many contemporary reviewers have been led to believe that a crazy film is a good film, incoherence and pretension be damned.  "I'm sure it means something!" 

Have you watched it? Are you implying that mother! is incoherent and pretentious?

Anyway...an hour to go before I watch it!!!!!! :D 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Early Word of mouth in France is toxic, it s almost shocking, people just hate the movie with a few defenders here and there but reception as whole is atrocious, both from critics and movie goers.

You're making it seem like Noah got incredible WOM in comparison. GOD I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I'm not surprised at toxicity ever since reading the third act spoiler. People who expect something like Black Swan, oh boy, what a shocker they are in. I don't think I can watch that. 

The third act is the least of the movie s problem as far as GA's reaction is concerned.

Edited by The Futurist