kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

26 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

How does the title / conclusion ('Mother!' Director: My Movie Flopped Because Americans Reject Science)

match the interview quote even just remotely:

It's scary when you talk to the people who are studying this and thinking about this and then you have other people who basically believe in the power of a iPhone that they can communicate to 35 million people in a blink of an eye, yet they don't believe in science in other ways. You know, which is as proven as gravity at this point, really.

It has as many people believe in it as believe in gravity. And it scares me and it's time to start screaming. So I wanted to howl. And this was my howl. And some people are not going to want to listen to it. That's cool.

What's interesting about that is, like, how if you walk out of this movie are you not going to give it an "F?" It's a punch. It's a total punch. And I realize that we were excited by that. We wanted to make a punk movie and come at you. And the reason I wanted to come is because I was very sad and I had a lot of anguish and I wanted to express it.

There is not even a close link between what he said and the movie flopping because Americans reject science in any way.....

That movie really created strange click-bait material (and people believing an headline like that, from website like those is almost a form of test of what they want to believe at this point, it is impossible than someone in 2017 is not aware of the concept of made up click bait headline...)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

I hear Jlaw has become Breibart's favorite punchbag celebrity, is that true ?

Pretty much, and this year it is mostly made up stuff.  The 'hurricanes are because Trump was elected' she never said, etc etc. She still can't stand Trump though, so they don't care if she really said something or not.  What's worse imho is the so called mainstream things like People or whatever which will have a headline that isn't true with a note in the story saying 'actually this isn't true'.  She's click bait. To some people it's because they love her to others they want to be outraged.  Click bait media responds. Add an ax to grind like Brietbart has.....

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, trifle said:

Pretty much, and this year it is mostly made up stuff.  The 'hurricanes are because Trump was elected' she never said, etc etc. She still can't stand Trump though, so they don't care if she really said something or not.  What's worse imho is the so called mainstream things like People or whatever which will have a headline that isn't true with a note in the story saying 'actually this isn't true'.  She's click bait. To some people it's because they love her to others they want to be outraged.  Click bait media responds. Add an ax to grind like Brietbart has.....

I have a family member that's pretty much like that. She says she liked her in the HG days because she reminded her of a traditional actress who knew her place, but now sees her as another part of "Hollyweird" ever since she opened her mouth about Trump and politics in general.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rocky8 said:

This movie is very divisive, but Jennifer performance was amazing, hope she can be nominated for the Oscar 

The question is whether enough people will watch it to vote for it.....  :depp:

But I agree that I think her performance qualifies.

Harvey Weinstein did an amazing write up of mother! (and Jen!) He apparently was bowled over by it.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/mother-harvey-weinstein-darren-aronofsky-horror-masterpiece-jennifer-lawrence-javier-bardem-commentary-1202178641/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Emma Watson performance in BATB >>>>>>>>> JLaw in Mother

I like Emma, and found her performance charming, but I don't think the role was the type that challenges in the same way, as Jen's in mother! - over an hour of close ups, acting against type, in a dark role.  But I'm glad you enjoyed BATB!

• Like 1