kayumanggi

PETER RABBIT | 02.09.18 | Sony | Will Gluck to write and produce

7 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Aside from the lame closing line it doesn't look awful. But it doesn't seem very fresh post-Paddington, especially with a sequel to that coming out too

And a month earlier too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Strange that the Sony Animation logo appears at the end.

Probably to make audience not realise it's from them straight away as the brand is not exactly golden at the moment thanks to The Emoji Movie.

It looks fine but I don't see it doing huge business, hybrids have mixed success.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Probably to make audience not realise it's from them straight away as the brand is not exactly golden at the moment thanks to The Emoji Movie.

It looks fine but I don't see it doing huge business, hybrids have mixed success.

Still. Emoji, as awful as it is, still is having solid legs thanks to summer weekdays. Still, response to Emoji and The Star's trailers have not been the best.

Paddington 2 vs Peter Rabbit will be a fun competition. Peter Rabbit might play well in February if Panther is too dark.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Still. Emoji, as awful as it is, still is having solid legs thanks to summer weekdays. Still, response to Emoji and The Star's trailers have not been the best.

Paddington 2 vs Peter Rabbit will be a fun competition. Peter Rabbit might play well in February if Panther is too dark.

Emoji was very lucky that this August hasn't been great, it would have been killed at a more competitive time. The Star is going to walloped by the November competition. 

I expect Peter Rabbit will do $60-80m tops domestic

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

This will do decent business in February since it'll be the only kid friendly movie and lighter option against Black Panther for families. Don't expect more than Hop numbers, so I'm thinking $25M/$80M.

Hybrids have mixed success so I think $15-20m OW and $65-70m total. 

• Like 2