kayumanggi

PETER RABBIT | 02.09.18 | Sony | Will Gluck to write and produce

Shut your pie-holes! :) This is great - if only for starring a rabbit!!

My girlfriend answers to the name of Bunny - because she looks and talks like a little rabbit :) so the Shay is more than partial to this cutesy soft long-eared animal. I'm taking her to see this!

Edited by shayhiri
  • ...wtf 1

Why do studios do this? Can we just get the story of Petter Rabbit written by Beatrix Potter??? Can't studios see that it what people want. It will draw in all people. Adults and young adults will get the nostalgia value and young children will be entertained as I was when I was a child. FUCK THIS PIECE OF RABBIT SHIT. 

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Why do studios do this? Can we just get the story of Petter Rabbit written by Beatrix Potter??? Can't studios see that it what people want. It will draw in all people. Adults and young adults will get the nostalgia value and young children will be entertained as I was when I was a child. FUCK THIS PIECE OF RABBIT SHIT. 

I'm super curious how this will do in the UK.

Two years ago, I saw Shaun the Sheep the Movie knowing nothing about the source material (From what i've read since, it's faithful) and it was charming to the last, but it didn't make money in the US. It's two different studios, I know, but maybe they don't think Americans want quaint little children's stories without high name voices and frantic, uncanny CG.

I do wish we could get more animation that wasn't in ya face 50000 miles an hour in more theaters over here.

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

You avatar is a perfect reaction to this trailer. :rofl:

• Like 1

A synopsis via Slashfilm reveals the plot:

Peter Rabbit, the mischievous and adventurous hero who has captivated generations of readers, now takes on the starring role of his own irreverent, contemporary comedy with attitude. In the film, Peter’s feud with Mr. McGregor (Domhnall Gleeson) escalates to greater heights than ever before as they rival for the affections of the warm-hearted animal lover who lives next door (Rose Byrne). James Corden voices the character of Peter with playful spirit and wild charm, with Margot Robbie, Elizabeth Debicki, and Daisy Ridley performing the voice roles of the triplets, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail.

So Bee Movie without the court plot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Peter Rabbit, the mischievous and adventurous hero who has captivated generations of readers, now takes on the starring role of his own irreverent, contemporary comedy with attitude. In the film, Peter’s feud with Mr. McGregor (Domhnall Gleeson) escalates to greater heights than ever before as they rival for the affections of the warm-hearted animal lover who lives next door (Rose Byrne). James Corden voices the character of Peter with playful spirit and wild charm, with Margot Robbie, Elizabeth Debicki, and Daisy Ridley performing the voice roles of the triplets, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail.

irreverent, contemporary comedy with attitude. 

#StopAmerica2018

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2017 at 11:27 AM, slambros said:

It looks well acted. Domnhall Gleeson is one of the best actors working today. The film doesn't look great, though.

:apocalypse:

Guy reminds me of many lanky white guys doing just okay in 10th grade student theater productions from back in high school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:26 AM, Hiccup23 said:

As far back as the silent era, Hollywood has been butchering the classics; taking out whatmade  them classics and putting  crap in it's place.This is just the latest example.

Yeah, this looks like a real turd. A animated film based on the Beatrix Potter classic...and, even better, using the original illlustrations as the basis for the look of the film,could be a really good film. Instead, we get this crap.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

On 9/21/2017 at 11:47 AM, CoolEric258 said:

When a movie looks like has a plot that's complete ass and stars James Corden, but yet also has Daisy Ridley in the cast.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 9/21/2017 at 10:56 PM, shayhiri said:

Shut your pie-holes! :) This is great - if only for staring a rabbit!!

My girlfriend answers to the name of Bunny - because she looks and talks like a little rabbit :) so the Shay is more than partial to this cutesy soft long-eared animal. I'm taking her to see this!

OMFG HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1