kayumanggi

PETER RABBIT | 02.09.18 | Sony | Will Gluck to write and produce

34 minutes ago, cannastop said:

There sure are a lot of British family movies going to be released in January/February. Paddington 2, This, Early Man...

My money is on Peter Rabbit being the most successful. Maybe over $100m dom.

I agree. Americans are too stupid to appreciate actual high-quality Brit content.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I do have a sneaking suspicion this is going to do really well DOM though I'd rather it not. Trailer gets the laughs from kids from my anecdotal experiences. 

Agreed. There was an okay reaction to the trailer when I saw Coco, and it’s the only major movie in February that appeals to little kids, so a gross in the $90M range wouldn’t surprise me.

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah, but this is Sony we’re talking about here.  And it’s still voiced by James Corden

And the whole "but we love and respect the work of Beatrix Potter despite what the trailers show " statement from the makers of the film screams damage control.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

And the whole "but we love and respect the work of Beatrix Potter despite what the trailers show " statement from the makers of the film screams damage control.

Ikr? What the fuck is that nonsense? "Oh, this actually honors the source material, we'd just rather not show it. No, really!"

:gold:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ikr? What the fuck is that nonsense? "Oh, this actually honors the source material, we'd just rather not show it. No, really!"

:gold:

It is pure B.S,and one of the most inept attempts at damage control I have seen.