kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

I'm kinda wishing now that I had answered differently on the "will Jem and the Holograms completely bomb and make under 2M question".

Even WAYF earned 175k. CJohn will be pleased by the third week theatre drop.

• Like 1

I'm kinda wishing now that I had answered differently on the "will Jem and the Holograms completely bomb and make under 2M question".

Even WAYF earned 175k. CJohn will be pleased by the third week theatre drop.

The movie had no audience. Jem fans from the 80s wouldn't watch this because it doesn't look anything like the cartoon and it looks way too generic to attract new audiences.

Apparently a lot of the movie is just YouTube clips of people saying what an impact Jem has made on their life. Sounds like a trainwreck.

• Like 2

There’s been a long delay with sneak preview grosses this morning, and I’m told that some distribs were having server problems. However, the two Halloween-theme films reigned with Paramount’s Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimensiongrossing $600K at 1,000 locations and Lionsgate’s The Last Witch Hunter grossing $525K .

Open Road is reporting for the Bill Murray comedy Rock the Kabah $75K on 1,247 which is $60 a theater.

Well, one thing was for sure last night during Thursday sneaks and that was Universal/Blumhouse’s Jem and the Holograms wasn’t even outrageous. In fact, it didn’t even flicker with a lousy $34K at 944 venues — which translates into $36 a theater! This is just a bad sign of what it is yet to come for the big screen version of this Hasbro toyline.

• Like 3