CJohn

Dora and the Lost City of Gold | August 9, 2019 | Paramount | Live-Action Adaptation | James Bobin directing | Isabela Moner to play Dora

8 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

So...we're actually doing this movie and it's not a elaborate joke on society? 

No, no - no less than Pikachu, anyway. I'm just thinking of making a club Dora OVER/UNDER Pikachu - but maybe I should somehow include the strongest of the 2019 Game-Cartoon Trio first: Sonic!!

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

I was expecting a big budget $150m+ action adventure film, instead I got a <$50m kids film that looks like it came straight outta 2004. It’s giving me ‘Woody Woodpecker The Movie’ vibes, like it could go straight to DVD, TV, or streaming, and nothing would be lost.

A disappointment. A cheap movie (the CG monkey was clipping through the bag), and a cheap trailer.

Is Dora even still popular with the kids? This feels way too late.

• Like 4

Just now, AJG said:

I was expecting a big budget $150m+ action adventure film, instead I got a <$50m kids film that looks like it came straight outta 2004. It’s giving me ‘Woody Woodpecker The Movie’ vibes, like it could go straight to DVD, TV, or streaming, and nothing would be lost.

I was expecting Jumanji 2, and I ended up getting Journey 2.

Also, when's paramount dropping that sweet ass Sonic footage?