CJohn

Dora and the Lost City of Gold | August 9, 2019 | Paramount | Live-Action Adaptation | James Bobin directing | Isabela Moner to play Dora

11 hours ago, jandrew said:

lmao dude you can't be serious.

I am serious! I think we demand too much adultness in brands that was more meant to appeal to a wider audience than just one target group.

You'd think the live action Alvin & the Chipmunks would've done better than they did if they were PG-13? No, they would have only done less.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I am serious! I think we demand too much adultness in brands that was more meant to appeal to a wider audience than just one target group.

You'd think the live action Alvin & the Chipmunks would've done better than they did if they were PG-13? No, they would have only done less.

PG alienates the adult audience. Couples and teens definitely would come out more for a PG-13 Dora movie.

25 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Teens and adult will never show up for a Dora movie at all

My goodness please tell me you're not serious either...

46 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

He was being sarcastic. In my opinion that was one of the more obvious signs of sarcasm I've ever seen on this site. Too be fair you may not get it depending on where you're from. Where are you from? What country?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

PG alienates the adult audience. Couples and teens definitely would come out more for a PG-13 Dora movie.

Oh, do they? Then how could the first 2 Alvin-movies make around $217-219M DOM with a PG-rating? Granted they had a bigger brand name, but at least the people who made the Chipmunks-films, knew what audience those films wanted to appeal to.

And yes....i know some of you are thinking: "What about the Transformers-films? Those are PG-13 rated films and teens & older audiences went to see those? Again, very true.....but here's the thing though.

1. Those had Michael Bay as the director.

2. They're movies with giant robots fighting each other. Granted, that is more acceptable in a PG-13 movie and can appeal to preteen boys, lol.

This is freakin Dora the Explorer, we're talking about, lol. If we wanted PG-13 or R, it would probably be a stupid choice, since it would be just unnecessary fan-service for us only. ?

Which is why i said it's better to have it at least be more faithful to the show. Now, I'm not saying it should be EXACTLY like the show....i mean, they can skip the "talking to the audience like kids"-thing that they do in the show. If anything, i would rather have a good family-film with at least a bit of substance rather than something like Oogieloves (remember that movie, lol??). And the film can offer something for us older audiences. It may be not much, but something. It's not always the rating that will determine if it will be a good movie or not, it's what the film will give us that's gonna determine. Which is probably something that i always say: It's the movie's offerings that will determine it's quality, not necessarily the MPAA-rating.

(Sighs) So i've rambling about this. Can't believe I'm defending something that is more meant for kids, let alone something like Dora. It may not be the best film we could get in a genre like this....and the film hasn't started production yet.....i think. But....we'll just wait and see what the final result will be. We can't always determine what we want the film to be as opposed to what it's actually going to be. It may be good, it may be bad, it may be profitable success, it may be a flop, it could go either way.....but let's just wait and see. ?

38 minutes ago, jandrew said:

My goodness please tell me you're not serious either...

He was being sarcastic. In my opinion that was one of the more obvious signs of sarcasm I've ever seen on this site. Too be fair you may not get it depending on where you're from. Where are you from? What country?

No, i wasn't sarcastic at all! :angry:

We really shouldn't demand what we want a certain movie to be. Regardless of genre, brand, anything. If that said certain are meant to appeal to that said audience, well just have to deal with it and move on. Let's not be overreacting like a group of monkeys fighting for the last banana. :bourne:

I can't believe you guys not letting someone state his/her own opinions about planned/finished movies in general.

I mean, i enjoyed the first 3 Chipmunks movies. Are they technically great/well received movies? No.....but i really liked them nonetheless.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

2aimzbb.gif

THE PEOPLE SAYING DORA SHOULD BE R RATED WERE BEING SARCASTIC AND MESSING AROUND TRYING TO GET LIKES. NO ONE ACTUALLY WANTS/THINKS THIS WILL HAPPEN. EVERYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND KNOWS AN R RATED DORA WOULD EVER HAPPEN, EVEN WITH KICKSTARTER. YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING ZOOLANDER 3. RELAX.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jandrew said:

2aimzbb.gif

THE PEOPLE SAYING DORA SHOULD BE R RATED WERE BEING SARCASTIC AND MESSING AROUND TRYING TO GET LIKES. NO ONE ACTUALLY WANTS/THINKS THIS WILL HAPPEN. EVERYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND KNOWS AN R RATED DORA WOULD EVER HAPPEN, EVEN WITH KICKSTARTER. YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING ZOOLANDER 3. RELAX.

Oh yeah?  Well how do explain THIS then?  Huh?  Huh??

Gonna break ALL the records! :ph34r:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Oh yeah?  Well how do explain THIS then?  Huh?  Huh??

Gonna break ALL the records! :ph34r:

FEATURE LENGTH! FEATURE LENGTH!

ps Ariel Winter is fine as hell, I mean damn. (Not in that video though, I dont know if she was 18 yet).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jandrew said:

FEATURE LENGTH! FEATURE LENGTH!

Not feature length, but....

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6874662/dora-the-explorer-and-the-destiny-medallion-part-1

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6874663/dora-the-explorer-and-the-destiny-medallion-part-2

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6874664/dora-the-explorer-and-the-destiny-medallion-part-3

edit

ps Ariel Winter is fine as hell, I mean damn. (Not in that video though, I dont know if she was 18 yet).

I should sure as hell hope not.  She was 14 in that video (15 in the series College Humor produced). :P

Edited by Porthos
Board premature post. Grrrr...
  • Like 1