CJohn

Dora and the Lost City of Gold | August 9, 2019 | Paramount | Live-Action Adaptation | James Bobin directing | Isabela Moner to play Dora

For the interested:

TOMATOMETER 75%

• Average Rating: 6.19/10
  • Total Count: 40
  • Fresh: 30
  • Rotten: 10
  • The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review.

AUDIENCE SCORE 85%

• Average Rating: 4.26
  • Total Count: 74
  • NEWThe percentage of users we’ve confirmed bought tickets for this movie who rated it 3.5 stars or higher.

1 hour ago, Felandria said:

As if the creepiness Of that review wasn’t enough, it ALSO spoils the most significant plot development in the entire movie.

Who's review do you speak about? I'd like to add him/her on my never-read list

Over the past several years, actress Isabela Moner has been showing her range as a performer. While she has typically been boxed into supporting roles, her portrayal of Dora is the performance where she gets to shine, as Moner proves she is one of the most talented young actresses working today. This is her movie through and through and she nails it expertly.

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//dora-and-the-lost-city-of-gold-review

On 8/7/2019 at 10:33 PM, JB33 said:

Ah. Would explain why I was completely unaware. I don't venture over to reddit. Hell I'm not on social media anymore! What a breath of fresh air!

One disturbing thing I have become aware of though is multiple people mentioning something about pedophile symbols on the movie poster. The only reason I'm not completely disregarding it is it just so happens I recently learned about the big, horrible secret in Hollywood right now: rampant pedophilia! I was led to the topic after watching a video on Youtube about the circumstances around Heath Ledger's death. I was so disturbed and emotional that night I couldn't sleep.

What? What exactly is a "pedophile symbol"? Is this like the hand sign for "OK" suddenly being called a White Power sign post Trump election?

I'm 43 and no one, ever, EVER has said that OK =White Power

Now suddenly there are also Pedophile symbols....people just be making shit up and sheep on social media run with it like it's The Blair Witch Project. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

What? What exactly is a "pedophile symbol"? Is this like the hand sign for "OK" suddenly being called a White Power sign post Trump election?

I'm 43 and no one, ever, EVER has said that OK =White Power

Now suddenly there are also Pedophile symbols....people just be making shit up and sheep on social media run with it like it's The Blair Witch Project. 

I honestly have no idea. I didn't care to look into it. As I said, I just happened to come across several Twitter posts about the subject when I was looking for an HD image of the Dora poster for my sister.

Pedophile Dora?

Give me a huge break.

Granted, they did cast her older then in the cartoons...she's now Junior High/Middle School age rather then elementary school, and I suspect this is behind the Pedophile nonsense.

Came in #4 at the box office with 17 Million; Studiio has got to be disappointed,they were expecting #2 but that went to "Scary Stories You Can See In The Dark".

Edited by dudalb

On 8/14/2019 at 8:00 AM, Darth Homer said:

This movie was way better than it had any right to be. Isabela Moner has a bright future ahead of her. I hope it has good legs from here on out, it deserves it.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:13 AM, boyamama said:

I like it.... 

Not surprised by these reactions. I've said it before: I have to admit it looked kinda fun.