Wrath

BOT User Tracking 10/30 - 11/1 Burnt, Our Brand is Crisis, Scouts' Guide

On 10/28/2015, 6:19:54, CJohn said:

I think Our Brand is Crisis and Burnt will do better than expected... which isn't saying much. 

Spoiler Alert:

They didn't.

I did, however, forget to mention that Scouts' Guide ended up with the highest ratio of any movie we've done, and I think we're going to be grateful for that when the actuals come out.

Edited by Wrath

Well, that was a trainwreck of a weekend, though our predicts were ok. We called Last Witch Hunter really nicely... oh, my bad. Its a new week, although the results were basically the same. We rocked it on Burnt and Scouts' Guide, while we did poorly (though middle of the pack) on Our Brand is Crisis.

Burnt

Prediction: 5.6M +/- 2.13M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 5.0M (off by 0.6M, so 0.29 stndev)

Very nice predict, best of the websites by a moderate margin. Best predict was WrathofHan at $5M. Pff.  Off by $2,500, slacker.

Our Brand is Crisis

Prediction: 7.8M +/- 2.04M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 3.2M (off by 4.6M, so 2.27 stndev)

Not so solid. Pretty bad, in fact, as we expected it to beat Burnt by a good margin and it did not. But at least we were close to ScreenRant and beat ComingSoon. Best predict was our lowest predict at $4.5M by Matrix4you.

Scouts' Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse

Prediction: 2.6M +/- 1.4M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 1.8M (off by 0.8M, so 0.58 stndev)

We went low, and while it wasn't low enough, it was still lower than everyone else. Thanks to our largest ever ratio%, the stndev actually came in quite good. Best predict was a 3-way tie at $2M between Ethan Hunt, babz06, and petrhruby (the predictor formerly known as bapi).

• Like 5