Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Some constructive criticism from Pratt on the DCEU.

I really like all the Warner Bros. movies, I think they’re really cool and I’m not a real tough critic on those movies. But one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Suicide Squad. They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guardians_of_the_galaxy/vol_2/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-star-chris-pratt-offers-a-fair-criticism-of-suicide-squad-dc-films-in-general-a150599

There weren't trilogies for each Guardians of the Galaxy character before the first movie, though. I agree with him on Suicide Squad being a mess, especially in the beginning while introducing characters, but he sounds dumb.

• Like 2

Pratt seems more level headed compared to say RDJ or Anthony Mackie but I think it's more due to the fact Warner Bros gave him his first leading role with The Lego Movie and slagging off the studio who gave you a gig like that or future gigs is never wise. 

One of the things I like about the X-Men film franchise ever since First Class is that every one of them use the word Fuck at least once, with the R-Rated ones using it more as permitted. I hope that every movie will keep using at least once or more that is permitted each film. @Arlborn since the X-Men films are your favorite superhero franchise, do you think they will continue to use the word fuck in their future movies?

10 hours ago, chrisman0606 said:

One of the things I like about the X-Men film franchise ever since First Class is that every one of them use the word Fuck at least once, with the R-Rated ones using it more as permitted. I hope that every movie will keep using at least once or more that is permitted each film. @Arlborn since the X-Men films are your favorite superhero franchise, do you think they will continue to use the word fuck in their future movies?

I don't see why they wouldn't. If I'm not mistaken the audience for them is generally older than for the other CBMs, right? I don't see a reason to stop.

But huh, has no DCU or MCU flick used the word fuck?

49 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I don't see why they wouldn't. If I'm not mistaken the audience for them is generally older than for the other CBMs, right? I don't see a reason to stop.

But huh, has no DCU or MCU flick used the word fuck?

Yes.

In other not so exciting news...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!\

InhumansCast.jpg

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/04/marvel-inhumans-photo-abc/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

It's not like EVERYTHING sucks, but I've seen better looking Medusa's cosplays out there. She looks like pink Morticia Adams. I'm laughing so hard at how bad she looks here that it makes me sad. :( 

I mean:

tumblr_n4o4xyrAhl1qhi1vio1_1280.jpg

Both are obviously wigs, but something about the "official" one makes it look hillarious. Hopefully it will look better in motion. 

1 minute ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I much prefer reserve seating as well, but I will admit that it does take away from the opening night experience of seeing a film.  When you had to get there 1 to 2 hours early to stand in line so you could be assured of getting a good seat, you got a chance to spend time with a bunch of people just as excited and energized to see something as you were.  That created an electricity and sense of anticipation that was hard to match.  

Tonight, I can show up to my 7:00 p.m. Guardians showing 10 minutes into the previews and still get the best seat in the house because I bought my tickets a month ago.  It's a lot more convenient, but much more mundane.

totally agree.  I had a whole topic on that exact subject in here once :P 

1 minute ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I much prefer reserve seating as well, but I will admit that it does take away from the opening night experience of seeing a film.  When you had to get there 1 to 2 hours early to stand in line so you could be assured of getting a good seat, you got a chance to spend time with a bunch of people just as excited and energized to see something as you were.  That created an electricity and sense of anticipation that was hard to match.  

Tonight, I can show up to my 7:00 p.m. Guardians showing 10 minutes into the previews and still get the best seat in the house because I bought my tickets a month ago.  It's a lot more convenient, but much more mundane.

I usually go for midnight screenings with friends, and there we usually end up chatting with other fellow fans even without having to wait in line. I don't even remember how it's like NOT to have reserved seatings to watch a film for the first time anymore. My town doesn't have a movie theater with reserved seatings, but the town I usually go to watch the midnights all have. It's such a more smooth experience for me. I think we brazilians just are more outspoken than US people maybe, especially geeks. It's not that hard to make new friends in movie premieres for these big films. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

That singular Inhumans cast pic is a bit underwhelming. I await seeing more before making any decision though. 

The more I look at it, the more I can definitely say that I'm genuinely surprised how good everyone looks there... but Medusa. She sticks out like a sore thumb, but at the very least the costume design and look of everyone here I do enjoy. Love how Cristalys is looking on the picture, and pretty much everyone else. But my god, what the hell is wrong with Medusa's hair?

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Iron fist showrunner's inhumans. It gonna suck hard.

Yeah that doesn't inspire too much confidence in me either. Medusa is looking so bad that I'm starting to think that it might be deliberate. There must be a twist here somehow, maybe her hair will keep moving while in motion. They finally have my interest on the trailer though. Other than Iron Fist himself, I actually liked some stuff on the Iron Fist show. Colleen is a fucking goddess. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

You know what struck me about those pictures? Inhumans will look like cheap X-Men even on the big screen lol

We all know why MARVEL keeps trying to make such a big deal out of the Inhumans when they're actually just glorified X-men and that picture really doesn't help their case.

• Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

You know what struck me about those pictures? Inhumans will look like cheap X-Men even on the big screen lol

We all know why MARVEL keeps trying to make such a big deal out of the Inhumans when they're actually just glorified X-men and that picture really doesn't help their case.

Yeah I completely agree with you on that. What puzzles me is that is it just me or EVERYONE here looks good other than Medusa? I mean, yes, I definitely want them using their masks, but I feel that eventually we might get that somehow as war clothes or something. But my god how they turned this:

serinda-swan-graceland-cast-photo-www.im

Into that thing? Her hair looks more Medusa like NATURALLY here. There it looks like a bad wig. Gah.