Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

One interesting concept that I think it could be applied for the Thunderbolts is that the film would be called Thunderbolts, the Avengers would call them Thunderbolt's henchmen and maybe even part of the MCU public, but they'd be sort of like the Avengers sanctioned team. Zeke Stane could even use an updated version of Iron Patriot's suit. Officially, Thaddeus would sell them as something corny like the U.S.Avengers, a concept that I think doesn't work in the comics, but would be cool in a film environment.

15 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Loki is a great character. As a villain? Meh.

Nah. Some of the most interesting and compelling villains are just like Loki is in the MCU and in the comics: they dance between the lines of what we see as good and evil. Out of the top of my head, having the comics in context, not really the films: Lex Luthor, Galactus, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Deathstroke and etc. 

23 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

But Loki didn't really DO anything. He did very little in Thor 1 besides... send a robot to Earth to try and kill Thor. And in Avengers, he opened a portal for more aliens to invade Earth.

What do you mean by "doing anything"? What kind of complaint is even that? Talk about oversimplification and lack of attention. LOL. 

4 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Yeah, it worked with the Joker in the Dark Knight, it didn't work with Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman. :)

Here's the thing: the Joker might be an agent of chaos but he was also smart and extremely competent. That's what made him dangerous. Everything he did made "sense" from his very crazy perspective. But a lot of what Lex Luthor did made zero sense, made him look like an idiot talking down to people smarter than him, and for seemingly no reason beyond rubbish ramblings about absolute power.

Sure, the Joker was crazy. But he didn't just go after Batman for the hell of it. He founded a guy who dressed like a bat and fought crime and thought to himself, that's a worthy adversary. He lived for the fight between them.

The more I think about it, the more I think WB should just reveal in an upcoming movie that the Joker was pretending to be Lex the whole time.  It would improve BvS by leaps and bounds.   It would still have the issue of Superman and Batman being idiots, but at least Lex's actions would work better.

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

But how is that revenge? I don't understand what exactly it accomplishes. Breaking them up makes him feel better about his family being dead? That's very thin.

That's revenge for you.   It doesn't make any logical sense but people do it anyway.  A large percentage of cinema is based on it.  It never brings anyone back from the dead or anything.  Same thing happened to Stark.   He must logically know that Bucky was not in control of his actions when he killed Tony's parents, but it doesn't matter in that moment.   Tony just wants revenge and logic isn't going to work on him.

That's what made the Black Panther scene at the end so awesome.   It's like the birth of a hero where he realizes he had been on a misguided quest for revenge and that it made no sense.

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

I don't see Winter Soldier, Nebula and Yondu as villains in the MCU. More like anti-heroes or anti-villain in the case of Nebula. Thanos hasn't showed enough for me to give any kind of judgement, but I'm excited for him, Vulture and Hela. 

Since Darth Vader is one of the most iconic villains of all time, Winter Soldier has to be a villain too.   Just because they get redeemed later after being under the influence of evil doesn't mean they were never a villain.   A tale of redemption cannot exist if the redeemed character were never a villain.

• Like 1

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

What do you mean by "doing anything"? What kind of complaint is even that? Talk about oversimplification and lack of attention. LOL. 

Please don't question my attention to detail. I've been doing this far longer than 95% of the people here.

Just now, Harpospoke said:

The more I think about it, the more I think WB should just reveal in an upcoming movie that the Joker was pretending to be Lex the whole time.  It would improve BvS by leaps and bounds.   It would still have the issue of Superman and Batman being idiots, but at least Lex's actions would work better.

That's revenge for you.   It doesn't make any logical sense but people do it anyway.  A large percentage of cinema is based on it.  It never brings anyone back from the dead or anything.  Same thing happened to Stark.   He must logically know that Bucky was not in control of his actions when he killed Tony's parents, but it doesn't matter in that moment.   Tony just wants revenge and logic isn't going to work on him.

That's what made the Black Panther scene at the end so awesome.   It's like the birth of a hero where he realizes he had been on a misguided quest for revenge and that it made no sense.

Since Darth Vader is one of the most iconic villains of all time, Winter Soldier has to be a villain too.   Just because they get redeemed later after being under the influence of evil doesn't mean they were never a villain.   A tale of redemption cannot exist if the redeemed character were never a villain.

Tony would get something out of killing/arresting Winter Soldier. Zemo gets nothing out of making Cap/IM mad at each other.

29 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

But Loki didn't really DO anything. He did very little in Thor 1 besides... send a robot to Earth to try and kill Thor. And in Avengers, he opened a portal for more aliens to invade Earth.

He egged on Thor to start a war with the Frost Giants, he maneuvered Thor to be stripped of his hammer and powers by Odin, he plotted a genocide for Frost Giants in an elaborate plan to be a hero to his father.  He didn't succeed but he cause a lot of pain and there were some dead Frost Giants along the way.   Before he opened the portal in the sky he killed 80 people on Earth (not counting the brainwashed Shield agents who died when they attacked the Hellicarrier) before he opened the portal in the sky causing more death.  Even in TDW where he helps if he wasn't causing mischief his mother probably wouldn't have died since he's the one that gave directions to the Throne room.

Oh and he did this instead of just mind controlling and taking him because he's twisted SOB

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Tony would get something out of killing/arresting Winter Soldier. Zemo gets nothing out of making Cap/IM mad at each other.

I don't know if you are serious or not.   You've never heard of revenge?   We don't actually get anything out of it, but we want it anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, Harpospoke said:

I don't know if you are serious or not.   You've never heard of revenge?   We don't actually get anything out of it, but we want it anyway.

An evil genius like Zemo would want something out of it. Tony wanted the death of Bucky. That's SOMETHING. Zemo wanting revenge on the Avengers and getting... Tony and Cap mad at each other? WOW! MUCH SUCCESS!

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He egged on Thor to start a war with the Frost Giants, he maneuvered Thor to be stripped of his hammer and powers by Odin, he plotted a genocide for Frost Giants in an elaborate plan to be a hero to his father.  He didn't succeed but he cause a lot of pain and there were some dead Frost Giants along the way.   Before he opened the portal in the sky he killed 80 people on Earth (not counting the brainwashed Shield agents who died when they attacked the Hellicarrier) before he opened the portal in the sky causing more death.  Even in TDW where he helps if he wasn't causing mischief his mother probably wouldn't have died since he's the one that gave directions to the Throne room.

Oh and he did this instead of just mind controlling and taking him because he's twisted SOB

And I say... meh? He's fine as a villain. Average. But he's a GREAT character.

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

Please don't question my attention to detail. I've been doing this far longer than 95% of the people here.

I've been doing this for more than 30 years now. But it's never a matter of time, it's a matter how sharp you see it. Not sugar coating this regardless how old you are is an actual sign of respect. 

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

So Tony would get something of killing/arresting Winter Soldier who killed his parents. But Zemo, the human guy that is a master strategist and wouldn't be able to defeat them in a fight manages to break apart the team that he blames the death of his family and his whole city because what he did was just to make Cap and Tony mad at each other? Nah. He exacerbated the divide. He made it go deeper. He divided the Avengers at a time that he might not be aware, but it's exactly when they should be standing together. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

Although I love the MCU, one of their problems is villains. However, the only good villains (Bucky, Nebula, and Yondu fit more as anti heroes/villains) were Loki, Ultron, and

Spoiler

Ego The Living Planet

• Like 1

Best/Memorable CBM villains of the 2010's (so far)

10.) Zod 

9.) Pierce

8.) Red Skull

7.) Lego Joker

6.) Ultron

5.) 

Spoiler

Ego

4.) Ajax

3.) Talia al Ghul

2.) Bane

1.) Loki

To be honest, most superhero movies nowadays have average to very bad villains.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:24 AM, YourMother said:

Although I love the MCU, one of their problems is villains. However, the only good villains (Bucky, Nebula, and Yondu fit more as anti heroes/villains) were Loki, Ultron, and

Hide contents

Ego The Living Planet

@MrPink @Sam @Robertman2 & Knuckles@4815162342

Shun the unbeliever. So much ? disrespect.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

An evil genius like Zemo would want something out of it. Tony wanted the death of Bucky. That's SOMETHING. Zemo wanting revenge on the Avengers and getting... Tony and Cap mad at each other? WOW! MUCH SUCCESS!

Of course if you word it inaccurately it might not make as much sense.   Since his goal was to destroy the Avengers he did get something out of it.  His goal was certainly not to get "Tony and Cap mad at each other".

He even was gloating at the end when Martin Freeman was claiming his efforts had failed.   His response...."Did it?"

• Like 1