Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I know it's not the fanboy type of franchise but The Conjuring is certainly a series worth stanning for. Sure, Annabelle was pretty bad and the Nun did NOT live up to its potential (and La Llorona looks weak... even though it seems so loosely tied it can be cut away from the franchise if it underperforms)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I know it's not the fanboy type of franchise but The Conjuring is certainly a series worth stanning for. Sure, Annabelle was pretty bad and the Nun did NOT live up to its potential (and La Llorona looks weak... even though it seems so loosely tied it can be cut away from the franchise if it underperforms)

So you just gave a bunch of reasons as why not to stan for The Conjuring franchise....:rofl:

• Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - 9 Episodes

MCU: Hold my beer

Considering Feige said a few years back they have a plan/outline up to 2029, I am curious to see how many it will be till they maybe change something drastically enough we might consider movie .... whichever, not as an MCU movie anymore.

The 3 movies per years is also something I am curious about, like e.g. is the FOX merger the reason for reducing that in 2020 to 'only' 2 movies?

And how many really will be released in 2020.

Who do you think you all are ?

Deciding who is pure and who is not?

Who is the artist and who is not ?

What s got heart and what doesn't ?

Persuading yourselves you Know people s intentions ?

Get a fucking reality check and some perpective, please.

Please go tell to their fucking faces to ANY MCU director (or any franchise film you don't like for that matter) that worked 24-36 months on a (MCU) movie 24/7 he didn't put his heart and soul into it.

Please go do that and let s see how the conversation turns out.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Please go tell to their fucking faces to ANY MCU director (or any franchise film you don't like for that matter) that worked 24-36 months on a (MCU) movie 24/7 he didn't put his heart and soul into it.

I'd happily do this - although I'd post-fix the statement with "in comparison to James Cameron". 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Considering Feige said a few years back they have a plan/outline up to 2029, I am curious to see how many it will be till they maybe change something drastically enough we might consider movie .... whichever, not as an MCU movie anymore.

The 3 movies per years is also something I am curious about, like e.g. is the FOX merger the reason for reducing that in 2020 to 'only' 2 movies?

And how many really will be released in 2020.

There would've been 3 in 2020 if gotg3 hadnt been delayed. 

Edited by eddyxx

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

There would've been 3 in 2020 if gotg3 hadnt been delayed. 

I know (I know all original MCU titels and dates, then the changed ones, and then again changed ones,...) , but am not sure if that specific delay is the only reason.

Like to move up or down the other titles for reasons.... was done by Marvel already repeatedly. Not 100% sure what all might have played into the decision of/abot (???) not doing the same, the missing ... spare (is that the correct term?). Or if the spare/... will still be happening with something like e.g. FOX related material. As they knew the merger will be through earlier than the finalization of the merger, and as till 2020 is still time, there is the (small) chance we might get still a ... something. Or if they simply didn't want to spoil something more, see Endgame, see spare,... hence I am curious to learn if there will be suprises or not for 2020.

I've been a sporadic lurker on this board for a bit but created an account as I didn't see any mention of this anywhere. 

Based on my boxofficemojo, the MCU should formally overtake the Star Wars franchise in terms of biggest inflation adjusted domestic box office. With Mondays estimated $5.4M for CM, the respective tallies for the franchises are:

MCU - $7,561.5M over 21 films

Star Wars - $7,560.7M over 19 "films" (BOM includes various re-issues and special releases) 

Next biggest franchise I can see in this metric is James Bond ($5B over 25 films). 

MCU probably adds another billion at least to their total before Episode IX comes out, and has a bigger 2020 and beyond pipeline, so, the chance of Star Wars retaking the title any time soon seems slim. 

Inflation adjusted isn't the be all metric, but seems like the best available to compare. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vafrow said:

I've been a sporadic lurker on this board for a bit but created an account as I didn't see any mention of this anywhere. 

Based on my boxofficemojo, the MCU should formally overtake the Star Wars franchise in terms of biggest inflation adjusted domestic box office. With Mondays estimated $5.4M for CM, the respective tallies for the franchises are: 

MCU - $7,561.5M over 21 films

Star Wars - $7,560.7M over 19 "films" (BOM includes various re-issues and special releases) 

Next biggest franchise I can see in this metric is James Bond ($5B over 25 films). 

MCU probably adds another billion at least to their total before Episode IX comes out, and has a bigger 2020 and beyond pipeline, so, the chance of Star Wars retaking the title any time soon seems slim.  

Inflation adjusted isn't the be all metric, but seems like the best available to compare. 

Hope they included the Star Wars holiday special, because LF has done everything in their power to make this movie dissapear, but i feel like every SW fan should watch it once a year, just as a reminder that SW is shit.

Dying magazines and newspapers desperate for clicks as usual. The filmmakers have been saying since before Batman v Superman came out that that movie would be the darkest the franchise would ever get. They announced Justice League would be intended as a much more fun adventure ever since the beginning. And they hired Phil Miller and Chris Lord to develop The Flash all the way back then.

But sure, whatever you need to write to survive in this clickbait era. It's not like we should feel sorry for DCEU producers and WB executives being misrepresented in an article people will only read the headline, since they made a ton of money with this commercially successful franchise. Once respected journalists now competing with Screen Rant for a few pennies are the ones that need our pity and financial support. Here's my click.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Yup that the person people think didn't put his heart and soul into it.... (that the person that phoned Hyundai and decided to place their products in their movies, that the person that build a toy division and asked for their feedback before making the movie)

Edited by Barnack
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, vafrow said:

:welcome: and have a lot of fun here

56 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

34 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

people will only read the headline

But in the text there is no 'I admit this or that', its not even formlated like a conclusion by the 'writer' as such....?