Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I love how people are still taking the “Fuck Marvel” comment by David Ayer out of context. Clikcbait garbage. 

As someone who was IN THE ROOM when he made that presentation, there was no out of context. He totally meant it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

As someone who was IN THE ROOM when he made that presentation, there was no out of context. He totally meant it. 

Wasn’t he just repeating what a fan said as a joke? Didn’t he also clarify shortly afterwards on Twitter that he respects Marvel? Besides, didn’t RDJ once make similar comments about DC back in 2008, after TDK made more money than Iron Man? How come no one ever brings that up?

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I love how people are still taking the “Fuck Marvel” comment by David Ayer out of context. Clickbait garbage. 

I am a bit curious what is the difference in mean in context versus out of it on that one ?

3 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Hope they included the Star Wars holiday special, because LF has done everything in their power to make this movie dissapear, but i feel like every SW fan should watch it once a year, just as a reminder that SW is shit.

The SW Holiday Special is shit, but you can't apply that across the board to the whole franchise.

THE SW Holiday Special is a unforgettable experience; you just cannot forget it once you have seen it...though you will want to very badly.

26 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Accurate Headline. People will read the accurate headline 

Painfully clear that DC was following the Marvel guidelines with Wonder Woman and Aquaman, and had massive hits in both cases, but a mixed reception at best with the Snyderverse films, climaxing in JL out and out bomging.

But we will never get our resident Snyder worshipper to admit that.

16 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I am a bit curious what is the difference in mean in context versus out of it on that one ?

I think that in Context, it was clearly meant as a joke.

Ayer is not stupid, he is not going alienate a possibly future employer.

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Wasn’t he just repeating what a fan said as a joke? Didn’t he also clarify shortly afterwards on Twitter that he respects Marvel? Besides, didn’t RDJ once make similar comments about DC back in 2008, after TDK made more money than Iron Man? How come no one ever brings that up?

Nope. He walked out on the SDCC talking about how it was “his house” (Aka Hall H) and was not joking. He actually thought he was hyping the crowd up. Our section was not impressed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

Nope. He walked out on the SDCC talking about how it was “his house” (Aka Hall H) and was not joking. He actually thought he was hyping the crowd up. Our section was not impressed. 

SDCC? Didn’t he say “Fuck Marvel” at the world premiere for SS? Also, you didn’t address what I mentioned about what RDJ said about DC back in 2008.

Edited by WittyUsername

29 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

SDCC? Didn’t he say “Fuck Marvel” at the world premiere for SS? Also, you didn’t address what I mentioned about what RDJ said about DC back in 2008.

Iron Man 2” is a topic of conversation, as he and Favreau are currently collaborating on a story for the much anticipated sequel. “Now Justin Theraux who wrote ‘Tropic Thunder’, is writing it and Jon and I are working on the story with him. It’s pretty great and I think it’s going to be cool. I think it’s going to appropriately well thought out so that we don’t forget what got us the response that we appreciated so much, which is, we didn’t say, ‘Great, now that this is like this, now we’re going to twist it and do this with it.’ It’s now; I’m not saying we’re going to do bits. I think more of the same; it is a very rich feel, because it was a very simple movie, if you ask me. It was an origin story.”

Which apparently was not the case with the other big summer movie “The Dark Knight”. “My whole thing is that that I saw ‘The Dark Knight’. I feel like I’m dumb because I feel like I don’t get how many things that are so smart. It’s like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I’m like, ‘That’s not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.’ I loved ‘The Prestige’ but didn’t understand ‘The Dark Knight’. Didn’t get it, still can’t tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I’m like, ‘I get it. This is so high brow and so f—king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.’ You know what? F-ck DC comics. That’s all I have to say and that’s where I’m really coming from.”

Well clearly Downey isn’t about to do anything for DC Comics anytime soon. “You know, you’re never too old to burn your bridges because I believe I have offended everyone,” he says, laughingly. “I think I’ve got a couple more. ‘I’ll burn that bridge when I come to it’ is my favourite phrase I’ve ever coined.”

He didn't like the movie basically so laughingly he said fuck DC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Also I have seen Momoa videos where he said fuck Marvel before Justice League was released. But now the joke is on them. Marvel is so ahead they can only follow.

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

DC Films Admits Marvel Studios Was Right All Along

🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵

Stay savage, Vanity Fair. 

So funny that they use James Gunn as an example of Marvels light tone being the way to go when that same director is about to release a SH movie so grim that it makes BvS seem like an outright comedy.:hahaha:

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Yup that the person people think didn't put his heart and soul into it.... (that the person that phoned Hyundai and decided to place their products in their movies, that the person that build a toy division and asked for their feedback before making the movie)

What about the second unit directors who put their heart and soul into all the fight scenes?

• Thanks 1