Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

22 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

DC Films Admits Marvel Studios Was Right All Along

🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵

Stay savage, Vanity Fair. 

I hope the Ezra Miller Flash film never happens. 

The DCEU that Barry existed in is mostly dead. A drifter Barry with daddy issues...not Barry Allen. 

The Flash deserves better be it Barry or Wally, the legacy of that character is better than what we've been told of that film and seen of Barry on film thus far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Who cares about this Marvel vs. DC stuff. Just judge them as actual movies.

I don't I love both stables of characters.

I'm also very keen on the new Hellboy(Dark Horse Comics) movie and next years Bloodshot(Valiant Comics)!!

I'm a comic book fan not aligned to only one stable of characters and related media content.

I think there are more "me" types out there than the "vs" type really. The 'vs' crowd is just so vocal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Boy it'd be a mistake if any movie is released on the 4th of July this year. A big mistake. I know there will be but I personally wouldn't.

Because of the holiday? or because of Stranger Things 3?

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

Stranger Things 3. 

Spider-Man and Stranger Things largely cater to the exact same audience, but I guess there's enough time in the span of a weekend to enjoy both

8 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Boy it'd be a mistake if any movie is released on the 4th of July this year. A big mistake. I know there will be but I personally wouldn't.

I've seen folks predict a streaming show launch as reasons before. Never any data to support this.

Best data I've seen that something on TV could hurt, might have even, would be sports. An unexpected Game 6/7, pay per view fight, Super Bowl or Olympics. 

Same people who claim Ezra Allen is a bad Barry Miller were also saying the same for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and for Jason Momoa as Aquaman, until the solo films came and they got the universal praise they deserved. Then these people started pretending they never hated them, and say they're the only ones who don't need to be recast. Y'all really think we don't remember stuff you say?

This is a solid universe with great actors who can make it work, there's no reason to recast anyone, not even Leto.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Same people who claim Ezra Allen is a bad Barry Miller were also saying the same for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and for Jason Momoa as Aquaman, until the solo films came and they got the universal praise they deserved. Then these people started pretending they never hated them, and say they're the only ones who don't need to be recast. Y'all really think we don't remember stuff you say?

This is a solid universe with great actors who can make it work, there's no reason to recast anyone, not even Leto.

Not true, not entirely at least. Sure I recall the Gadot haters, they were there but like so many situations they were a vocal minority.

The Momoa haters were so small they barely kicked up any waves worth mentioning. I recall large acceptance of Jason in the Aquaman part, especially after Justice League. He and WW were largely said to the bright spots of that entire film.

That being said, what we've seen of Ezra's Flash from Justice League is not inspiring in the way Jason's Aquaman gave us confidence or Gal's WW from BvS gave us the same confidence.

The Ezra Miller Flash is a bad decision and we have more than just script leaks or out of focus spied set photos to back that up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

But then the question arises why did WB tried to get rid of them? :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaytoDay said:

If the Avatar movies are released as disney movies, does this mean they aren't part of any pre-existing deals FOX made in the past?

Depend of said deal and some could have a close making it an option to be terminated in case of ownership / significant change, etc...

But by default they bought all Fox asset and obligations (debt, deals made, contract). Say a standard case, if a Fox movie had a 48 months deal with Netflix, Netflix does not lose the movie distribution right because Disney bought Fox.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

This Marvel/DC war is stupid.

Not sure, Coke/Pepsi, company making both the brand name and the no-name cheaper product, etc... well run coordinated duopoly with well sold made up war, can make quite the moat for a new player to enter and giving fake impression that healthy competition is going on to consumer and other relevant players.