Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 hours ago, terrestrial said:

They 'pay' $71b for the package.

But have to sell all over the world a lot of stations..... especially sport related per governmental legal constraints per country with both of them having 'something' there. Hence why it takes so long till a big merger is finalised.

Might be a bit difficult to get the markets worth for all of them, as so many at once will flood the markets still...

Should bring back some $b

The main reason Disney made the Fox Deal was access to Fox's hugh library for Disney's streaming service. Anybody who has been following this story knows that. Yes, Disney is happy to get get Fox Studios assets like the X Men/FF and the Avatar Franchise,but it was not the main reason they made the deal.

And I love the whole idea that Cameron will walk over Disney Management. That is just not going to  happen. The Cameron fanboys are delusinal about that.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, DaytoDay said:

If the Avatar movies are released as disney movies, does this mean they aren't part of any pre-existing deals FOX made in the past?

ANy legaly binding  deals FOX made concering the Avatar films carry over to Disney. When Disney acquired FOX they aacquired all of Fox's contracts and legal obligations. That is business law 101, whan you acquire a company you acquire it's asswts and liabilities....except for thos assets  not included in the deal.Disney has to abide by any legally binding deals that Fox made.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Same people who claim Ezra Allen is a bad Barry Miller were also saying the same for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and for Jason Momoa as Aquaman, until the solo films came and they got the universal praise they deserved. Then these people started pretending they never hated them, and say they're the only ones who don't need to be recast. Y'all really think we don't remember stuff you say?

This is a solid universe with great actors who can make it work, there's no reason to recast anyone, not even Leto.

A.That;s Ezra Miller.

B. I see you are still in "Zack Snyder Is God And Can Do No Wrong" mode.

C,You are still in the "The Snyderverse was universarly loved by everybody" mode.

3 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Not true, not entirely at least. Sure I recall the Gadot haters, they were there but like so many situations they were a vocal minority.

The Momoa haters were so small they barely kicked up any waves worth mentioning. I recall large acceptance of Jason in the Aquaman part, especially after Justice League. He and WW were largely said to the bright spots of that entire film.

That being said, what we've seen of Ezra's Flash from Justice League is not inspiring in the way Jason's Aquaman gave us confidence or Gal's WW from BvS gave us the same confidence.

The Ezra Miller Flash is a bad decision and we have more than just script leaks or out of focus spied set photos to back that up. 

And the dispute is not about Miller being a good Flash or not, but about Miller apparently trying to get creative Control of the character, and being told "No" by DC management.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The main reason Disney made the Fox Deal was access to Fox's hugh library for Disney's streaming service.

Obviously.

But they will need fresh material too, and as franchises are a better bet than non-franchsies rather often....

Plus they can now crank up toys.... too, see X-Men, include more into their other foms of income.

Just now, WittyUsername said:

It just nauseates me to think of how much shit Disney owns at this point. The worst part is that I can’t imagine them stopping here. 

Its a general reshape... of the market

AT&T buying Time Warner,... many try to reposition.

Its about getting way less per those monthly fees thing, getting rivals per e.g. YT TV, Netflix, Amazon too (plus Amazon tried and did blackmail the HV distributors for over the market splits, withheld the possibility to pre-order for customers to reach their goals). Many things changed and still change, will change.

I am way more concerned about AT&T and Comcast, how they'll make it very difficult for the small companies, and more expensive for the customers

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And the dispute is not about Miller being a good Flash or not, but about Miller apparently trying to get creative Control of the character, and being told "No" by DC management.

Sounds a bit similar to the Ed Norton/Hulk situation in that regards. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Sounds a bit similar to the Ed Norton/Hulk situation in that regards. 

I love that Feige came right out and said Norton not being the Avengers wasn't about money (or the usual about schedules or creative differences

We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members.

Savage and surprisingly honest.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And I love the whole idea that Cameron will walk over Disney Management. That is just not going to  happen. The Cameron fanboys are delusinal about that.

Lmao dud-lad.

Of course he is. If you think he doesn't have full creative control you're off your rocker.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dudalb said:

A.That;s Ezra Miller.

B. I see you are still in "Zack Snyder Is God And Can Do No Wrong" mode.

C,You are still in the "The Snyderverse was universarly loved by everybody" mode.

I'm just stating the facts. The Flash was reportedly one of the 3 most beloved characters in Justice League test screenings alongside Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

56 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The main reason Disney made the Fox Deal was access to Fox's hugh library for Disney's streaming service. Anybody who has been following this story knows that. Yes, Disney is happy to get get Fox Studios assets like the X Men/FF and the Avatar Franchise,but it was not the main reason they made the deal.

This pretty much sums it up. I don't think a lot of people here actually know why Disney really made the deal. You can see proof of that by a lot of the comments that people made about the deal. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Disney execs are not going to tinker with Cameron anymore than they'd tell Feige what to do quite frankly.

Both men have firmly demonstrated they know what they are doing.

Imagine the hubris needed to walk up to Jim and give him advice on his movie.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I love that Feige came right out and said Norton not being the Avengers wasn't about money (or the usual about schedules or creative differences
Savage and surprisingly honest.

I am wondeing, does the US version of IHulk DVD/Blu-Ray include the making of with the interviews of producers,....

Someone told me many years back its not included, but that was years back, could now be not correct or never have bees correct

It shows several things, but especially why Norton is not a good team player, and also some other pretty interesting (and partl unusual to get to see) details.

8 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Disney execs are not going to tinker with Cameron anymore than they'd tell Feige what to do quite frankly.

Exactly. Disney and Cameron are on great terms. There is going to be no tension there. 

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

So weird that we have members on here who are fanboys of, and frequently defend/celebrate the success of, soulless multi-billion conglomerates 

I can understand being a fan of the classic Disney films but now it's just a gaint corp with fingers in so many pies. What are you even supporting at that point?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

26 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Cameron might have problems  convincing Disney to pay for an Alita sequel, but  otherwise Disney will pretty much let him do what he wants with the Avatar Franchise. I predict Cameron and Disney will get along just fine. I think the animosity between them is just a creation of the Cameron fanboys, who for some reason seem to all hate The Mouse with a passion.

• Like 1