Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I assure you, Bob Iger wouldn't bat an eye.

The real power Disney has is power of the purse. The might not tell Cameron how to make this movies, but the will say
"you can only spend so much of our money on it;if you want to spend more  you are on your own".

I wonder if the Cameron fanboys get that Cameron is basically playing with other people's money on his films;they are paid for by the studios. Of course they are going protect their investment.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Cameron might have problems  convincing Disney to pay for an Alita sequel, but  otherwise Disney will pretty much let him do what he wants with the Avatar Franchise. I predict Cameron and Disney will get along just fine. I think the animosity between them is just a creation of the Cameron fanboys, who for some reason seem to all hate The Mouse with a passion.

Of course we do.

Everything was just perfect with Fox, they had built up a relationship with both Titanic and Avatar (the two highest grossing movies of all time). Jim had such a great (and fair) deal setup with them.

Then Disney comes along and throws a spanner in the works, quite frankly they can get fucked.

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Losers that have occupied the #1 highest grossing film worldwide since 1997?  Very interesting term for loser you got there

Fact is that Murdoch decided, for his own reasons, to get out of the movie/tv entertainment providing business except for news and sports. It was not that Fox Studios were not profitable, but that Murdoch wanted to concentrate on what he felt was his core businesses;news and sports. Happens all the time.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Fact is that Murdoch decided, for his own reasons, to get out of the movie/tv entertainment providing business except for news and sports. It was not that Fox Studios were not profitable, but that Murdoch wanted to concentrate on what he felt was his core businesses;news and sports. Happens all the time.

I didn’t argue against that.  Please don’t argue against points that I didn’t make

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Of course we do.

Everything was just perfect with Fox, they had built up a relationship with both Titanic and Avatar (the two highest grossing movies of all time). Jim had such a great (and fair) deal setup with them.

Then Disney comes along and throws a spanner in the works, quite frankly they can get fucked.

Uh, it was Rupert Murdoch's decision to sell FOx Studios, he was the one who put it up for sale. Disney just made the best offer.

And "JIM" has the exact same deal he had with Fox with Disney;Disney has to respect whatever legal contracts Fox had with Cameron.

You really don't know much about this, do you?

And Rupert Murdoch is somehow a better guy then Disney?????? Don't make me laugh.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Exactly. Disney and Cameron are on great terms. There is going to be no tension there. 

But they hate each other...or  so the Cameron fanboys are insisting.

That Disney is going to legally have to follow whatever contracts FOx had with Cameron seems beyond their comprehension.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Of course we do.

Fox did not want to make Avatar until Disney was interested. Once Fox saw that Disney was willing to make the movie, they changed their mind. Disney also worked with Cameron to build Avatar Land in Walt Disney World. Disney and Cameron have a great relationship. 

Don't cry about Disney being so big.

Netfix and Jeff Bezos are there to save the movie art form.

God Bless Them, there is in it for the ART.

Edited by The Futurist

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Uh, it was Rupert Murdoch's decision to sell FOx Studios, he was the one who put it up for sale. Disney just made the best offer.

And "JIM" has the exact same deal he had with Fox with Disney;Disney has to respect whatever legal contracts Fox had with Cameron.

You really don't know much about this, do you?

And Rupert Murdoch is somehow a better guy then Disney?????? Don't make me laugh.

You do realise Jim introduces himself as Jim Cameron in interviews and such?

Actually 4&5 were greenlit and now they're not.

You're right about Murdoch, he's scum to be honest.

And contracts actually get revisited when a merger like this happens so looks like I know more than you dud-lad.

A lot is up in the air right now that wasn't before.

The finished films of Avatar 2&3 won't be that effected but everything else is subject to Disney scumary.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Fox did not want to make Avatar until Disney was interested. Once Fox saw that Disney was willing to make the movie, they changed their mind. Disney also worked with Cameron to build Avatar Land in Walt Disney World. Disney and Cameron have a great relationship. 

Yes I know this story thaks Walt Disney.

It's a good relationship as it stands but they will try to make as much money as humanly possible from Jim's hard work you can rest-assured of that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Don't cry about Disney being so big.

Netfix and Jeff Bezos are there to save the movie art form.

God Bless Them, there is in it for the ART.

Netflix is saving everyone from wasting money going to movie theaters. They bring cinema to you in the comfort of your own home. Movie theaters are for suckers. But evil soulless multi-billion dollar conglomerates like Disney are now trying to withhold their movies from Netflix. This is a travesty.

Edited by Walt Disney

32 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Cameron might have problems  convincing Disney to pay for an Alita sequel, but  otherwise Disney will pretty much let him do what he wants with the Avatar Franchise. I predict Cameron and Disney will get along just fine. I think the animosity between them is just a creation of the Cameron fanboys, who for some reason seem to all hate The Mouse with a passion.

I can’t speak for Cameron or his fanboys, but if I worked in Hollywood, I’d probably refuse to be involved in any Disney projects on principal. I know that pretty much all studios are sleazy, but Disney in particular really rubs me the wrong way, from their unsubtle attempts at being “woke” (and no, I’m not one of those “Brie Larson and Kathleen Kennedy hate white men” people), their stubborn insistence that they’re this squeaky clean family friendly company, their desire to milk the Star Wars brand for all its worth, to the fact that they might as well own all of Hollywood at this point. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I can’t speak for Cameron or his fanboys, but if I worked in Hollywood, I’d probably refuse to be involved in any Disney projects on principal. I know that pretty much all studios are sleazy, but Disney in particular really rubs me the wrong way, from their unsubtle attempts at being “woke”, their stubborn insistence that they’re this squeaky clean family friendly company, their desire to milk the Star Wars brand for all its worth, to the fact that they might as well own all of Hollywood at this point. 

Star Wars was really a travesty.

They need a hardcore reboot

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

After reading the reports about what Disney was doing to theater owners I don't understand why anyone who loves movies would call themselves a fan of that company. This is a company that clearly don't want to play fair. If you love your liberty of choice you just can't root for Disney. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yes I know this story thaks Walt Disney.

It's a good relationship as it stands but they will try to make as much money as humanly possible from Jim's hard work you can rest-assured of that.

Of course they will. That's exactly what James Cameron wants. Cameron negotiated his contract with Fox, which carries over to Disney. So he wants Disney to market these sequels like crazy, so they make huge profits, so that Cameron makes huge profits. He wants Avatar Land to be successful because it helps promote the movie and he personally helped design Avatar Land (and you can be sure that it was more expensive that way because James Cameron is big on quality).

But additionally, Cameron will get a percentage of merchandising. And Disney's consumer products division is much better than Fox's. That's an added revenue stream. Also, Emma Watts is still working for Disney as an executive at 20th Century Fox, and she is the one with the great working relationship with James Cameron. If we're just looking at this from James Cameron's perspective (which I know no one is, me included),  Disney buying Fox is a good thing.

1 minute ago, Walt Disney said:

Disney buying Fox is a good thing.

Not by any stretch of the imagination, unless you're a Disney shareholder, and even then that'll be in the long-run

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

After reading the reports about what Disney was doing to theater owners I don't understand why anyone who loves movies would call themselves a fan of that company. This is a company that clearly don't want to play fair. If you love your liberty of choice you just can't root for Disney. 

Explain to me how rooting for Disney (or against it) has any effect on your "liberty of choice."