Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Americans discover capitalism just now ?

Never too late to learn about things.

Americans have not been much laissez-faire capitalist for a long time and much less that it is sold outside the world, they are ultra interventionist in this type of stuff.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:11 AM, terrestrial said:

Sinse when is The Futurist pro MCU in general?

On 3/21/2019 at 12:19 AM, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

:jeb!:#NotSureIfSerious

On 3/21/2019 at 12:29 AM, terrestrial said:

I just have seen you are not that long here.

I think he/she likes one or two of the recent ones to a degree, but for some years my impression was a lot of anti posts.

The key to understand Futurist's posts is to not read them.

And he's not a mcu fan. Bkb was a mcu fan. Only thing futurist probably earnestly stanned was Jlaw and since her career is in the garbage, all he has left is the life of a troll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Americans have not been much laissez-faire capitalist for a long time and much less that it is sold outside the world, they are ultra interventionist in this type of stuff.

Whatever form of capitalism it is, the US media shrunk quite a bit to where there are 6 now 5 major disseminating conglomerates.

18 hours ago, JB33 said:

Shitty move by Disney, indeed, but this is still ultimately on Fox for throwing in the towel and selling out. How do you whiners know that Comcast wouldn't have done the exact same thing?

Not sure that Comcast would have shut down Fox 2000, but the other layoffs would have happened. Universal has its own distribution and marketing divisions, and the Fox ones would still have had many redundant positions.

And are you saying that Murdoch...whom I hate with a passion...should not have been allowed to sell off Fox Studios if he flet that was the right move for his company overall?

I am lot more concerned about the shutting down of Fox 2000 then the other layoffs.Sucks for the people involved, of course, but ,frankly, the film industry has never been a stable one,and you have to expect to change jobs a lot if you work in the industry.

Dinsey does some bad shit, but so does every other big company in the business.

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

The fact that some media and even we call it a merger, when it is a pure acquisition

I know, but I  1. always forget the word acquisition (copied from you)

and 2. after the acquisition they have to 'merge' some of the departments.

Its lazy, but all here will know what I mean. I think. Or should I hope?

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

The key to understand Futurist's posts is to not read them.

And he's not a mcu fan. Bkb was a mcu fan. Only thing futurist probably earnestly stanned was Jlaw and since her career is in the garbage, all he has left is the life of a troll.

I think I remember some snarly posts out of the early X-Men 'the next generation of the cast' times.

And I think I also mixed (merged 😉 ) posts of The Futurist with posts of Le Binoche.

I have in the back of my mind something 'French' as 'not-an-MCU-fan' (a few other France based members seem to not like / hate the MCU too)

6 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

But even there, there's a conflict. I thought leftists were against corporations and capitalism. Do you think pandering has clouded their view? 

What amuses me is that the Cameron fanboys are all well left of center..probably less from real political conviction but in imitation of "Jim"....but they love Fox which is ran by Rupert Murdoch, the man behind "Fox News" who is as far right as you can get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What amuses me is that the Cameron fanboys are all well left of center..probably less from real political conviction but in imitation of "Jim"....but they love Fox which is ran by Rupert Murdoch, the man behind "Fox News" who is as far right as you can get.

I haven't seen anyone praising corporal fox, can you be more specific? 

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

they love Fox

Never encountered anyone giving the first impression that they had the first beginning of love for the 20 Century Fox corporation, I never seen anything ever giving the impression of anyone loving a studio except for Disney/WB, outside people that grow up on the lot or something like that.

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

but they love Fox which is ran by Rupert Murdoch, the man behind "Fox News" who is as far right as you can get.

The man is ever more behind of a bigger Fox News now than he was before and the fact that the man behind Fox news let the Simpsons do what they did for this long, Family Guy, etc... seem to indicate very few days to days type of relevant control, I am not fully certain, the men is about to die anyway.

• Thanks 1