Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

If you are unable to have an intelligent discussion you shouldn't sign up to a discussion forum. It's so rude to come to a thread only to mock other member's opinions.

The world is so crazy right now, people completely lost respect and civility.

This is NOT the Napoleon that I know. Remember when we used to argue all the time like two years ago and now look at you. 

:sparta:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

With the Feds approvals today of the Disney/Fox Deal and with the Fox Marvel properties most likely coming into the MCU I would like to make a request that while I feel like the Main X-Men will be recast I would like Marvel to make sure that Dafne Keene as X-23 would remain and especially Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool too (For @Nova and @LOGAN'sLuckyRun). Hopefully they will listen.

If Ryan Reynolds isn’t Deadpool then I don’t want it. 

What ? Fanboys are ...cancer ? That’s shameful and disrespectful to people that are actually sick. Fanboys are just people that are enjoying stuffand are passionate about it, you can be a fanboy of anything from a soccer (for my U.S friends, football for the rest of us) team to a music band.

Oh and if you hate fanboys so much what are you doing in a ...fanboys war thread ? Are you fanboys of anti-fanboism ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like that The Edge of Seventeen is included in the thread title because it's gonna be getting a TV show on MTV or whoever just to bait @WrathOfHan. I've been getting ads for Petland recently while browsing the forum which I have taken as a sign that WrathofMRAn will soon be embracing his fate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If you think that scene is played for humor you're clueless

"hey you've been in a coma 70 years u ok bro"

"lol yeah its fine but i had a date wtf"

– MCU sincerity

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

What ? Fanboys are ...cancer ? That’s shameful and disrespectful to people that are actually sick. Fanboys are just people that are enjoying stuffand are passionate about it, you can be a fanboy of anything from a soccer (for my U.S friends, football for the rest of us) team to a music band.

Oh and if you hate fanboys so much what are you doing in a ...fanboys war thread ? Are you fanboys of anti-fanboism ?

Well I mean it’s true, fanboy culture is one of the worst things to happen to the internet.  I’m guilty of it too, although I’ve been trying to tone it down for a while now

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I like that The Edge of Seventeen is included in the thread title because it's gonna be getting a TV show on MTV or whoever just to bait @WrathOfHan. I've been getting ads for Petland recently while browsing the forum which I have taken as a sign that WrathofMRAn will soon be embracing his fate.

Well, I’ve been job hunting.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

37 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If you think that scene is played for humor you're clueless

Seriously  what makes him think anything in that scene is in  anyway supposed to be funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

All I saw in Wonder Woman is slooooow motion. The first avenger basically destroys it and actually shows the era it’s is supposed to take place , unlike Wonder Woman. I mean they use captain America as a living ad for war bonds. I get that Wonder Woman is like citizen Kane/The Godfather/apocalypse now all rolled into one for desperate dc fans but at its core it’s a very average film that just happened to rally the butthurt, from ghostbusters2016, feminists in the U.S. 

How on earth films like the dccu films have sincerity, from pa Kent advising Clark that he should have let a bus full of kids die to Batman being a homicide maniac to Superman being an unlikeable God, I have no idea. 

This thread is amazing though, hadn’t read it for a long time and didn’t know that it has reached such amazing levels of entertainment 😂

could you actually be more up inside MCU's or Feige's ass. Every damn little post you make is you tongue licking MCU and badmouthing DC. Try finding new material because we get it you live to kiss MCU's and Feiges ass. You even go to such lengths wanting other movies to fail like JW2 just because of your precious MCU and its doing monster numbers anyway :slaphead:

Edited by Quake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Since this point may be unclear, insincere vs. sincere has nothing to do with movie quality. Insincere just means the movie doesn't take itself seriously. Insincere movies can be kickass, funny, great rides at the theater. Sincere movies can be boring, meaningless slogs. Most movies are a mix of sincere/insincere, the point that started this discussion is that the DCEU movies tended to lean towards the sincere end of the spectrum while the MCU leaned towards insincere. Is that even arguable?

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Seriously  what makes him think anything in that scene is in  anyway supposed to be funny.

It's not realistic dialogue for a person in his situation. Sure, the Russo brothers (bless their hearts) Joe Johnston tried his best to paper over the writing with dramatic music and heavy breathing, but it's still a quip-then-cut-to-credits screenplay line. Maybe for the MCU it passes for heavy drama so I can understand the confusion.

Edited by Pure Spirit

2 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Since this point may be unclear, insincere vs. sincere has nothing to do with movie quality. Insincere just means the movie doesn't take itself seriously. Insincere movies can be kickass, funny, great rides at the theater. Sincere movies can be boring, meaningless slogs. Most movies are a mix of sincere/insincere, the point that started this discussion is that the DCEU movies tended to lean towards the sincere end of the spectrum while the MCU leaned towards insincere. Is that even arguable?

It's not realistic dialogue for a person in his situation. Sure, the Russo brothers (bless their hearts) tried their best to paper over the writing with dramatic music and heavy breathing, but it's still a quip-then-cut-to-credits screenplay line. Maybe for the MCU it passes for heavy drama so I can understand the confusion.

The Russo bros did not direct that movie and there is no quip in that scene. AT ALL. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

The Russo bros did not direct that movie and there is no quip in that scene. AT ALL. 

Someone saying something like this with good timing would certainly have demonstrated wit imo.

A giant proportion of movie/tv response line are quip/witty/better than human talk otherwise it would be boring.

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Cause it died with Ninjago or whatever it was called.

Ninjago never happened. Besides Lego 2 is around the corner.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord