Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, Barnack said:

Someone saying something like this with good timing would certainly have demonstrated wit imo.

A giant proportion of movie/tv response line are quip/witty/better than human talk otherwise it would be boring.

Evans has excellent comedic timing.  It was not a comedic or witty moment.  It's a heartbreaking moment of loss and played that way. 

There is nothing played insincerely in the first Captain America movie.  It's a heart on your sleeve movie, with a lead so earnest that some find it corny or dull.  There's wit in the movie and some in the performance but it never smirks or undercuts it's leads heart and core deep goodness.  I find it difficult to believe any one who's actually watched the Captain American movies would describe them as them as insincere, particularly the performance and treatment of the lead character.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quake said:

could you actually be more up inside MCU's or Feige's ass. Every damn little post you make is you tongue licking MCU and badmouthing DC. Try finding new material because we get it you live to kiss MCU's and Feiges ass. You even go to such lengths wanting other movies to fail like JW2 just because of your precious MCU and its doing monster numbers anyway :slaphead:

No I want JW2 to fail because it’s a terrible movie and it’s doing exactly as I had predicted having a monster drop from the first one both in the U.S and worldwide. DC is really not worth even spending the time arguing about hense I don’t actually  post in any dc thread just a reply here about pure spirit’s “thoughts”, to put it nicely. I actually feel sorry for dc fans that have to defend the trash dc has been producing for many years. 

As for the personal insults, as usual, I don’t reply to them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Evans has excellent comedic timing.  It was not a comedic or witty moment.  It's a heartbreaking moment of loss and played that way. 

There is nothing played insincerely in the first Captain America movie.  It's a heart on your sleeve movie, so earnest that some find it corny or dull.  I find it difficult to believe any one who's actually watched the Captain American movies would describe them as them as insincere, particularly the performance and treatment of the lead character.

Yep calling the first avenger insincere while stuff like man of steel and BvS are supposed to be sincere, now seriously who in his right mind can argue things like that ? Oh and the first avenger being corny in some scenes is actually fantastic cause it represents the era it is supposed to take place in perfectly, just watch a few patriotic Hollywood films from that actual era and then watch the first avenger’s corny moments, the similarities are uncanny.

That sound strange to me.

The dialogue start by someone saying:

It is a big news so I will tell it to you slowly

To then:

Say the entirety of the news in less than 7s.

That giant gap between what he announced he will do and than just doing the polar opposite is humor by exaggeration and  by the broking of expectation / (or fulfilled to an audience that expected the setuped expectation to be broken).

Someone learn everyone he ever know has probably die (and certainly for many), that he is 70 year<s older and to the point of dying himself ? That the world he knows is over (world advancement stopped pretty much after WW2 put if the 70 year's would have changed like is previous 70 year's it would have been quite the different world) and is answer is: yeah I will be ok, it is just I had a date

Sure they to do not play those joke for laugh performance wise, but they are witty line no. It is dark humor sure, but still witty dark humor.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

To then:

That giant gap between what he announced he will do and than just doing the polar opposite is humor by exaggeration and  by the broking of expectation slash fulfilled to be broken.

Someone learn everyone he ever know has probably die (and certainly for many), that he is 70 year<s older and to the point of dying himself ? That the world he knows is over (world advancement stopped pretty much after WW2 put if the 70 year's would have changed like is previous 70 year's it would have been quite the different world) and is answer is: yeah I will be ok, it is just I had a date

Sure they to do not play those joke for laugh performance wise, but they are witty line no. It is dark humor sure, but still witty dark humor.

I fail to see any humor, dark or otherwise.

From the IMDB

Nick Fury: At ease, soldier! Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but we thought it best to break it to you slowly.

Steve Rogers: Break what?

Nick Fury: You've been asleep, Cap. For almost 70 years.

[Steve is silent with shock]

Nick Fury: You gonna be okay?

Steve Rogers: Yeah. Yeah, I just... I had a date.

Nick Fury apologizes for the elaborate lie saying they thought it would be best to ease him into it.  It's obviously too late to do that now that Steve discovered the lie and is standing in the middle of Times Sq 70 years in the future so Fury tells him like it is.  Fury sees Steve in shock and asks if he's going to be OK which is about as touchy feely as Nick Fury is going to be.  Steve Rogers traumatized or not is not going to spill his emotional guts to a stranger.  Steve says  yeah... like a good soldier and child of the Depression except he's not because he had a date and he's lost everything.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

To then:

That giant gap between what he announced he will do and than just doing the polar opposite is humor by exaggeration and  by the broking of expectation slash fulfilled to be broken.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38497&d=1330

45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

To then:

attachment.php?attachmentid=38497&d=1330

Edited by eddyxx

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I fail to see any humor, dark or otherwise.

It is hard to explain humor (at least for me).

But a big source of humors (and the easiest one) is irony/breaking of expectation and for the general definition of it is:

Irony:the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning.

When he answer: yes I will be ok, it is just that I had a date....

He is being ironic, it is obviously a giant revelation (including is date has a good chance to be death, he is now 90 with only some year of very old age to live, everyone is dead, etc...)? The opposition with this is not a big deal at all, it is just that I had a very casual event I missed is what I would call him being ironic.

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nick Fury apologizes for the elaborate lie

A ok that make sense, he is not referring at all with how he will announce it himself, I see.

Now I do not know if the use of irony in that situation ma ke him insecere (or the movie), could be deeply rooted in captain personality to always be , some people were doing running joke in their call to their family from the plane during 9-11.

But using that tragic of a moment to make an Acura publicity (to quite the high level of a publicity) and I am not sure I would call it an honest attempt of the exploration of the human condition if someone would have been really put in that situation. And I would certainly not like for movie like those to be (I suspect it would be quite impossible) .

You want your human's to be people much more intelligent and articulated than in reality to be more fun and to be able to say so much in so little time, Maybe not all the movie being Sorkin level populated by genius poet or Gone With the Wind 1930s,40s,50s level of whit, trying to search truth with real human in moment like those like they try to do in Manchester by the sea in a superhero movie that need to cut it short...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

The DCU fanobys will never admit that the biggest hit that the DCU has had to date was because they borrowed from the MCU playbook.

I'd like Richard Donner's time machine that allowed him to use the "MCU playbook" in 1978. 

UnEG.gif

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

What ? Fanboys are ...cancer ? That’s shameful and disrespectful to people that are actually sick. Fanboys are just people that are enjoying stuffand are passionate about it, you can be a fanboy of anything from a soccer (for my U.S friends, football for the rest of us) team to a music band.

Oh and if you hate fanboys so much what are you doing in a ...fanboys war thread ? Are you fanboys of anti-fanboism ?

Imagine thinking fanboys are cancer and then visiting the fanboy thread... do they like cancer?????

6 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

It's okay when fanboys harass and bully people they're just passionate!

That doesn't happen in here so why is that relevant?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

You knew what that person met but you get an "A" for effort

LMAO I knew someone was not going to get it and say or imply that the original poster was talking about Wonder Woman.

WW is basically the Donner Superman movie template which was apparent even if it had not been explicitly revealed by Patty. Though the Donner DNA is in the MCU DNA as admitted by Feige himself. WW directly borrowed from the original source but this thread was created for fanboys indulging themselves anyhoo so I guess reality's irrelevant. :P

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'd like Richard Donner's time machine that allowed him to use the "MCU playbook" in 1978. 

UnEG.gif

Bravo.

Futurist and Laughing Evans' MCU-ass-licking selves seriously think that the MCU somehow created the template for superhero films, and now, whenever a non-MCU CBM succeeds, they literally believe that it was an "homage" to the MCU. 

LOL

And then they wonder why so many people hate the MCU films: being a clueless MCU fanboy is not helping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

Bravo.

Futurist and Laughing Evans' MCU-ass-licking selves seriously think that the MCU somehow created the template for superhero films, and now, whenever a non-MCU CBM succeeds, they literally believe that it was an "homage" to the MCU. 

LOL

And then they wonder why so many people hate the MCU films: being a clueless MCU fanboy is not helping.

DCEU have clearly tried copying Marvels template. And no-one is wondering why so many people hate MCU movies as figures show it's the most popular franchise ever. Not that many people hate it 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

It's okay when fanboys harass and bully people they're just passionate!

😂 get a grip. If you feel harassed or bullied, click on the X in the top right hand corner. This line of thinking is what's making our planet turn into a bunch of fairys