Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

27 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

10 years of buildup only to fall significantly short of a 9-year-old movie at the world wide box office sure has made a lot of people salty, especially @Rebeccas and @eddyxx. Sad! The MCU are all nihilistic, insincere, quippy, popcorn-munching action-comedies, to the last! Most of them are forgettable and mediocre! Fact! That's why in 19 movies they haven't won a single Oscar and Cameron movies have collected 21 Oscars over 7 movies. 

Jiminy Fucking Cricket for crying out loud your forgettable Avatar movie you are loving so much while shitting on MCU. Basically go fly a kite.

1 hour ago, manny1234 said:

Jiminy Fucking Cricket for crying out loud your forgettable Avatar movie you are loving so much while shitting on MCU. Basically go fly a kite.

Chillax friend, no need to get personal. No matter what is said in this thread, Marvel will keep pumping out movies like the studio machine it is, with enough quips to keep the children entertained. Chin up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Chillax friend, no need to get personal. No matter what is said in this thread, Marvel will keep pumping out movies like the studio machine it is, with enough quips to keep the children entertained. Chin up!

You chillax my friend no need to get personal too. Also your beloved Avatar is gonna soon be under the same ownership as the Marvel Comedy Universe is. You should be grateful Disney has the Avatar land theme park.

Edited by manny1234

34 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

your beloved Avatar is gonna soon be under the same ownership as the Marvel Comedy Universe is

Wrong, Cameron owns the Avatar IP. he can tell Disney to pound sand if they want to churn out cheap Avatar spinoffs. , Disney deal or not, Jimbo is licensing Avatar to Disney, not the other way around. Damn it feels good to be a Jim fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

10 years of buildup only to fall significantly short of a 9-year-old movie at the world wide box office sure has made a lot of people salty, especially @Rebeccas and @eddyxx. Sad! The MCU are all nihilistic, insincere, quippy, popcorn-munching action-comedies, to the last! Most of them are forgettable and mediocre! Fact! That's why in 19 movies they haven't won a single Oscar and Cameron movies have collected 21 Oscars over 7 movies. 

In case anyone FORGOT, here's a still from the best-reviewed Marvel movie of all time:

oFm7Dos.jpg

Ooof! Right in the infinity stones! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jim is on a level they can never hope to reach.

It's hilarious watching the MCU gang trot around like they own the place bullying the other cape gang DCEU... meanwhile Jim sits back laughing waiting to produce his next masterpiece. They like to pretend that no one remembers Avatar so they don't have to talk about it, wouldn't want to be reminded they can't touch a 9 year old movie which is just blue smurfs in space.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

The butthurt against the MCU winning is ridiculous. I hope avatar 2 is as amazing as James wants it to be, and I hope DCEU gets better at making competent movies and perhaps reach the heights of the dark knight. This toxicity is stifling.

2 minutes ago, Istealnames said:

The butthurt against the MCU winning is ridiculous. I hope avatar 2 is as amazing as James wants it to be, and I hope DCEU gets better at making competent movies and perhaps reach the heights of the dark knight. This toxicity is stifling.

Winning what? Battle of the studios.

A genius sits at the top and you can't topple him without another genius.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

I have seen stuff here about the MCU being in the lead too and I don't know of what?  

1. Star Wars

2. The Dark Knight

3. MCU

4. Harry Potter

5. Pixar

6. James Bond

7. Fast and Furious

8. DCU

9. EO17CU??????????

10. Horror Franchise

Pokemon is actually in first place by some margin if we're talking franchise wars. 

MCU won fair and sqaure thanks to Feige's visionary leadership.  SW ran itself into the ground after only 2.5 years, thanks to incompetence, lack of any plan, etc. The less said about DCEU, and their failed attempt to achieve overnight what MCU planned for years and built for over a decade, the better.  Avatar is now just 1 movie so too early to call. F&F gets commendation for making the biggest turn for better (boxoffice) in history and it's also the biggest franchise OS. 

• ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim is on a level they can never hope to reach.

It's hilarious watching the MCU gang trot around like they own the place bullying the other cape gang DCEU... meanwhile Jim sits back laughing waiting to produce his next masterpiece. They like to pretend that no one remembers Avatar so they don't have to talk about it, wouldn't want to be reminded they can't touch a 9 year old movie which is just blue smurfs in space.

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Pokemon is actually in first place by some margin if we're talking franchise wars. 

If an actual live action Pokémon movie (no offense to Detective Pikachu, which actually can do big) were made, I’d expect some big fucking numbers, like $2B+ WW big.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If an actual live action Pokémon movie (no offense to Detective Pikachu, which actually can do big) were made, I’d expect some big fucking numbers, like $2B+ WW big.

I wouldn't be that surprised either, especially if it was done well. People really love that stuff, and the longevity it has had is crazy (at least from my somewhat limited perspective). 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 8:31 AM, ZeeSoh said:

SH movie winners at the Saturn Award

The Last Jedi won Best Edition, Best Writing and Best Actor for Mark Hamill (?)

Congrats to all!

Poe: This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet, I have an urgent communique for General Hugs. 
Hux: This is General Hux of the First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender... 
Poe: Hi, I'm holding for General Hugs. 
Hux: This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed. We will wipe your filth from the galaxy. 
Poe: Okay. I'll hold. 
Hux: Hello? 
Poe: Hello? Yup. I'm still here. 
Hux: Can he hear me? 
Poe: Hugs? 
Com Officer: He can. 
Poe: With an 'H'? Skinny guy. Kinda pasty. 
Hux: I can hear you. Can you hear me? 
Poe: Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach him, tell him Leia has an urgent message for him... 
Peavey: I believe he's tooling with you, sir. 
Poe: ... About his mother. 
Hux: [beat] OPEN FIRE!

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1